The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer,

1) FACT: There is no heavy lean of SECers on the Committee.

2) FACT: Paul Finebaum is s moron. No one but morons and tards listen to him, or worse, rehash something that he allegedly said.

3) FACT: For every SEC lover there is a hater.

4) FACT: You sound like a democrat advocating for a Fairness Doctrine on espn.

5) In sum: Your statement was lazy, unsupported, and completely false.
    Well taken in order:

1. Cody was very specific: he said the Committee had a Southern lean. The Committee has already shown it's preference in the current rankings. And Cody is/was correct. The committee reflects college football fandom, which is heavily centered in the South, not necessarily in the SEC. Don't be so touchy.

2. Finebaum is a moron, and so is Booger. But we are talking about a sports network that is located in Bristol Connecticut, the beating heart of college football fandom. What is true is that ESPN reflects what the Acela zone thinks, and that filters through to the committee. When an hour or two per day is spent singing the praises of the SEC or the ACC, that matters over time.

3. Agreed. For every SEC lover there are 10 SEC haters. That is just the American way. It is about rooting for the underdog, and rooting against those who cheat.

4. I said absolutely nothing about ESPN needing some sort of counterweight. I just think that Bristol Connecticut is not the place for an impartial college football oriented station to be located. Living in the Acela zone warps the mind.

5. You say "In sum: Your statement was lazy, unsupported, and completely false." That may fly with someone who brags about being an alumna of the 263rd best college in America, but there was nothing in my post that could be proven. It was an opinion. And my opinion of your pathetic response is basically, cheating works, and gives those who have received a poor education a reason to be proud of their school.

Comment

• harsh but cogent
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• maybe, but I tried conciliatory and it didn't work. Might as well deal with the post.

Comment

• geezer,

1. No. Cody said, the "Playoff committee is biased towards the SEC..." That's what I was responding to. The South, outside SEC reps, are not biased toward the SEC. To suggest that Texas-based BigXII reps or ACC reps are pro-SEC is beyond idiotic.

2. I do NOT think Booger McGentry (or whatever) is influencing the commitee. If you do, you are going to HAVE to produce some evidence in support of that whopper. If you can't, you need to drop the assertion.

3. You implied that ESPN was unfair. If you aren't looking for an artificial remedy of the "unfairness" of big Bad ESPN, then bringing it up was as ridiculous as you are.

4. Opinions can be wrong. Yours was. Opinions can be unsupported. Yours was. Opinions can be lazy. Yours was. And while the alumna and 263rd is somewhat better sass, you are still a toothless, mouth-breathing, cock-gobbler who waits DAYS to rehash the same shit in hopes it sticks this time. If you respond to me again with the same re-heated leftovers bullshit, I am simply going to use the cock-gobbler line until you tire of being called that or come up with something coherent. Now fuck off, you moronic tub of gelatinous goo.

With love,
          AA
          Last edited by AlabamAlum; November 21, 2017, 06:02 PM.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "I love you so much Paul...I want to grab your testes like this..."
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 1. No. Cody said, the "Playoff committee is biased towards the SEC..." That's what I was responding to. The South, outside SEC reps, are not biased toward the SEC. To suggest that Texas-based BigXII reps or ACC reps are pro-SEC is beyond idiotic.
              Yes, he said that, and when you called him out, he responded more precisely:

Bama's loss would be the same as OSU's in 2016 ... a good loss.
              No pure SECer as in no Alabamer, this yes. As for the committee:

1. Kirby Hocutt - a Texas guy (Texas Tech).
              2. Frank Beamer - Virginia (Virginia Tech).
              3. Jeff Bower - Georgia and Mississippi (Southern Mississippi).
              4. Herb Deromedi - Pure Michigan (Central Michigan).
              5. Chris Howard - Texas, Military, and Pennsylvania (Robert Morris).
              6. Tom Jernstedt - Oregon (Oregon).
              7. Bobby Johnson - Clemson, South Carolina, Vandy (Vanderbilt).
              8. Jeff Long - Ohio, Arkansas (Arkansas).
              9. Rob Mullens - Oregon, West Virginia (Oregon).
              10. Dan Radokovich - Clemson, THE SOUTH, some Penn. (Clemson).
              11. Gene Smith - Ohio State, just... Ohio (Ohio State).
              12. Steve Wieberg - Missouri (Missouri).
              13. Tyrone Willingham - America. This dude has been everywhere.

So 6 of the 13 are pretty much THE SOUTH. Didn't count Beamer in Virginia (ACC) or Chris Howard (raised in Texas). Perhaps not as SEC biased as I expected, but still a lot of southern roots in this committee.
              Way to leave out the New York area or Mountain Time Zone.
              "THE SOUTH" is what Cody said and what I was dealing with. Not the SEC alone.

3. You implied that ESPN was unfair. If you aren't looking for an artificial remedy of the "unfairness" of big Bad ESPN, then bringing it up was as ridiculous as you are.
              I implied only that the national sports media, ESPN in particular, located as it is in the heart of football-mad Connecticut, conducts a daily propaganda campaign for the SEC, whether it is conducted by Paul Finebaum or Booger McFarland or whomever. As all things that originate in the Acela zone, it is nonsense. But whether you like Finebaum or not, he has influence over the public, which translates to influence over the committee. BTW, my lament that the committee might be influenced by a guy named Booger was an attempt at humor, but, as I've said, it takes intelligence to "get" a joke, which is why progressives have no sense of humor.

And while the alumna and 263rd is somewhat better sass, you are still a toothless, mouth-breathing, cock-gobbler who waits DAYS to rehash the same shit in hopes it sticks this time. If you respond to me again with the same re-heated leftovers bullshit, I am simply going to use the cock-gobbler line until you tire of being called that or come up with something coherent. Now fuck off, you moronic tub of gelatinous goo.
              I understand that this may pass as argumentation at Alabama, and might get you an A-. But at first-tier colleges and universities, it would not pass. At root, Alabama, and the SEC, are second-rate academic institutions that attempt to enhance their image by having highly ranked football teams. AA, there is absolutely no reason for you to have an inferiority complex. Alabama is indeed inferior, at least in those areas where cheating is not allowed.

Comment

• I didn't read a word of what you said; however, I would like for you to read this: you are a cock-gobbling moron. Way too stupid to understand that you are missing the target. Badly.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My wife just asked what I was laughing at.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Heh. It's good times.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• "Opinions can be wrong. Yours was. Opinions can be unsupported. Yours was. Opinions can be lazy. Yours was. "

Those of us that have read his posts in the Misc thread have known this for years.

Comment

• The biggest question is whether goo can be gelatinous? I don't think so.

Comment

• Goo is just a sticky or slimy substance. 'Gelatinous goo' would just be an especially sticky gelatin-like substance.

Comment

• I wish you would drown in a gelatinous goo
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Multiple outlets — from CBS Sports to USA Today to ESPN — reported that Chip Kelly is deciding between Florida and UCLA, and that the decision will be made Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X