X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who asked ya?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't need an invitation to privilege you with my thoughts.

Comment

• How about an invitation to GTFO?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just bullshitting, mostly.

Comment

• This popped up on my news feed a while ago. KJ Henry, 5* Weak Side DE crystal balled to Clemson tweeted that he'd like his Dad to get hired wherever he ends up in his top 5 schools.

I think there is an NCAA rule about this - can't hire a relative of a recruit as an inducement to sign - which is judged to be unenforceable because it represents an unfair employment restriction (for the relative).

I know M has done this. Comments on this tweet seem to indicate nobody has a problem with it. It is the first time a recruit has made such a statement publicly.

I don't have a problem with it in general but I also think we should be paying college athletes. I do have a problem with a recruit publicly announcing that it's going to influence his decision on where he signs.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This reddit feed from the Bahama Bowl is greatness. I may have my next football roadtrip destination, whether Nebraska can qualify for it or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...nd_im_here_to/

Comment

• Good times.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                  This reddit feed from the Bahama Bowl is greatness. I may have my next football roadtrip destination, whether Nebraska can qualify for it or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...nd_im_here_to/
                  I think that's an excellent idea. I don't know that the average person should roadtrip to the Bahamas, but nobody better to try it than Nebraska fans.

Comment

• Speaking of roadtrips, we took the year off Xmas to visit the Jewish side of the family, now living in a complete and total hellhole of a retirement community north of Orlando. Relocated from Colorado Springs, so for a mountains/cold person like me this is terrible.

We did pass through SC, which yielded a trip to Shuler's BBQ in SC. It's right south of the NC border. On the way back I think we should probably hit somewhere in southern SC, so there will be room for more before we leave NC. Any recommendations along the I95 corridor? The meats at Shuler's were spectacular, but the sides uneven. The mac-and-cheese was all flour and no cheese. Corn on the cob was way too salty but still pretty damn decadent. Excellent cabbage and superb beans, though could have been half as sweet.

Comment

• Joe Kenda called me looking for you. Said he had a few questions.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        Speaking of roadtrips, we took the year off Xmas to visit the Jewish side of the family, now living in a complete and total hellhole of a retirement community north of Orlando. Relocated from Colorado Springs, so for a mountains/cold person like me this is terrible.

We did pass through SC, which yielded a trip to Shuler's BBQ in SC. It's right south of the NC border. On the way back I think we should probably hit somewhere in southern SC, so there will be room for more before we leave NC. Any recommendations along the I95 corridor? The meats at Shuler's were spectacular, but the sides uneven. The mac-and-cheese was all flour and no cheese. Corn on the cob was way too salty but still pretty damn decadent. Excellent cabbage and superb beans, though could have been half as sweet.
                        If you have the time to take about a 30 minute side trip, Southern Soul on St Simons Island, Ga is worth the trip, IMO
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• My wife and I went to the Dollar General Bowl in Mobile Saturday. She is an App State Alum and we sat in the middle of the App State die hard fanatics. Had a great time.

The Toledo faithful were upset that they had to go to a shitty bowl and play a 4 loss App State team, blah blah blah.
                          App State kicked the dog shit out of them. An App State kid was carrying a sign that said "We own the MAC" Ha!

I told my wife that Toledo would pull the old SEC standard of "We weren't ready to play because we thought we deserved a better bowl" bullshit excuse. Sure enough it was prevelant on the Toledo twitter feeds the next day.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• All fan bases come up with excuses when they lose. Screw job from the refs is probably the number one excuse, then "we didn't care enough/disappointed in bowl game appointment", #2, and injuries #3. The "they cheat and buy players!" rounds out the top 4.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Some of those problems can be solved by cheating and buying players.

Comment

• Didn't know about Joe Kenda. I'm sure he had his share of interesting cases there. I definitely heard some stories of heathen-like behaviour in God's country...

Comment

Working...
                                X