No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt they go to 8, the people that control the system get what they want with 4 teams. 8 makes it harder especially if you had some home field in round one. None of those southern teams would be too enthused about bringing SEC speed up north in the dead of winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I doubt they go to 8, the people that control the system get what they want with 4 teams. 8 makes it harder especially if you had some home field in round one. None of those southern teams would be too enthused about bringing SEC speed up north in the dead of winter.

I think they absolutely go to 8. Whether they do or don't has nothing to do with homefield, though. If the evil southerners who control all of college football want, they can mandate regional quarterfinal sites. Lucas Oil in the midwest, for example. And honestly, cold weather is fine, but no fan wants to sit for four hours in ice and snow in a 4-degree outdoor stadium.

It's mid-20's in Tuscaloosa right now and I would prefer not to sit outside for a game tonight. YMMV.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I love 4 degree weather games. Invigorating. I’ve seen many a conquered people scream for mercy in below freezing temps. Usually takes 90 seconds or less.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Part of the argument against more teams was that fans wouldn't be able to travel. Giving higher seeds a home game in the first round solves that problem.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• no fan wants to sit for four hours in ice and snow in a 4-degree outdoor stadium.

And yet that's exactly what they do any time there's a game in ice and snow in a 4-degree outdoor stadium.

Comment

• There are many bullshit arguments that have nothing to do with the product on the field. What the fans want, and what the TV people want, and what the commissioners want, and on and on and on. Sometimes, if it's useful, it's also what the academics want, but not always.

The correct decision is the one that's the best for the long-term health of the product on the field. Sports are always their most healthy when they are a fair and genuine competition. In the case of college football, we know what that would look like.

Comment

• Look, you want the site to be on campus, it's fine with me. I will tell the evil southern overlords to allow it.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Teams that are built to win in the cold weather and shitty conditions are less likely to pass the eye test than the teams that never have to play in it.

Comment

Teams that are built to win in the cold weather and shitty conditions are less likely to pass the eye test than the teams that never have to play in it.

lmmfao!

Comment

• BUILT TO WIN IN COLD WEATHER!

Bwahahaha...

Comment

• But they may not be very good at feelingsball.

Comment

• I'm not sure why that's funny, watch the far superior NFL. You better be able to win in the cold weather or you have to go nearly undefeated so you can avoid those games.

Comment

• Hahaha. You do crack me up.

BRB, BUILDING MYSELF TO WIN IN COLD WEATHER!

Hahaha....needed this laugh...

Comment

• I'm not sure why that is funny, do they not carry NFL games down in Alabama? It's a pretty standard maxim in the pro game, to the point where teams that play indoors have detractors saying they are doomed because they play indoors and will wilt in the cold weather.

Comment

I'm not sure why that is funny, do they not carry NFL games down in Alabama? It's a pretty standard maxim in the pro game, to the point where teams that play indoors have detractors saying they are doomed because they play indoors and will wilt in the cold weather.
                                Oh dear lord, please tell me you are serious when you say that the B1G IS BUILT TO WIN IN COLD WEATHER!

Bwahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X