No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing will happen to Ole Miss, and that's why I've changed my tune about Michigan. I don't want them to go into full out SEC mode, but with the NCAA turning a blind eye to such blatant infractions it's time to pay less attention to integrity and more attention to winning.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
      I don't want them to go into full out SEC mode.
      We might as well.

Comment

• Rules are only as good as their enforcement. This is a dead bang case where you have a player admitting a coach paid him money and documentary evidence to back it up.

If Hugh Freeze is ever allowed to coach NCAA football again, there is no prohibition against paying players. I would have no compunction about M paying players as much money as it takes.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• We should not only do that, but we should reclaim our Fab Five Final Fours and put those banners back up. Fuck playing by rules that nobody else obeys.

Comment

• We need rich Michigan alumni to offer fake jobs to recruits.
            Something where a company will say they have an employee (football player) working for them... Pay them a ridiculous salary for the work (if any) they do.

This is what several SEC schools do from what I've heard talking to people.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              We need rich Michigan alumni to offer fake jobs to recruits.
              Something where a company will say they have an employee (football player) working for them... Pay them a ridiculous salary for the work (if any) they do.

This is what several SEC schools do from what I've heard talking to people.
              We've got plenty of deep pockets for it too.

Let's get some kids jobs at Alro steel. While we're at it, maybe Larry Page can give a few kids summer jobs at Google.

You can make the argument that Michigan stands to benefit from a relaxation of the rules about amateurism more than any other university.

Comment

• Don't forget about Twitter. The CEO is a M alum and fan.

But there's no need for fake jobs. Tunsil admitted getting money directly from COACHES. No need for "subterfuge"

Comment

• Agreed with everything above.

Ideally it'd be nice if everyone was ethical, but that won't happen. The NCAA won't do crap.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think we'd be surprised by how cheaply many of these kids can be bought, so you don't need Phil Knight money. Stringfellow dropped us for $1,000 in Ole Miss cash.

Comment

• Is that it? Because the numbers that I hear being thrown around constantly are insane.

Comment

• I'd guess it's like the NFL draft. The guys at the top have unique talents that are costly. The uniqueness of the skill set drops rapidly and so does the price. If a mod to high four star wants to ask for more, you can move on to the next guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Is that it? Because the numbers that I hear being thrown around constantly are insane.
                          That's what it took for Stringfellow...I have heard of others go for less. Then there's your Cam Newtons and Albert Means out there too, but by and large we're not talking tens of thousands for 4* kids.

Remember, many of them are very poor. $2,500 looks like a fortune.

Comment

• The money bag article talked about giving hundreds per month... If you have nothing, couple thousand a year seems like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Jordan Diamond was a middle of the road 4* and supposedly his signing bonus was $50,000. 5* guys are rumored to go for high six figures.

Comment

• $200k signing bonus for the typical 5-star is what I'm told is the going rate; the top 5-10 players probably receive even more. Recruits that are getting paid supposedly are mostly the ones who make commitments the day of or a few days before signing day.

Comment

Working...
                                X