Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. This is the best thread on the board.

Entertainment at its finest!

Ha!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      I'm not a fan of the tomatoes but otherwise that's the only way to get em
      I forgot the dill pickel, damn!
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• A Chicago-style dog and a hot italian beef. That's Chicago. Let the tourists have the deep dish.

Actually, I take that back. There's some damn good deep dish out there.

Comment

• Just one comment I'll address, then I'm moving on from here.

In recent weeks you've been pretty rude to Froot, but he is a pretty cool customer here and has done a very good job avoiding bait.
          And maybe you missed where he was rude to me before that. I responded in kind. I have no interest in having conversations with him, an I'll be more than happy to ignore him in the future. If he keeps his yap shut toward me, I'll do the same for him. Its his choice.

I've done nothing wrong.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good for you liney, don't let the mongrels run roughshod in your house.

When they can stay on topic and contribute topically all is good, but there is no room here for the other BS. Go to a OSU board if you want to talk shit about Michigan.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Most often they do. Linesman just can't tell the difference.

Comment

• LOL

okay ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well today is a new day, hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

At times like these Talent, you can't just think of yourself.

Hell, I bet Buchanan drove his car into the Okefenokee Swamp by now.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Wow! For what it's worth, my observation is that Talent is both thin skinned and articulate. (Hell, it was nothing more than a posting deletion--you haven't been banned or "moderated' as I have been more times than I care to remember.)
                    When he stays on topic, his posts are very welcomed. As Buchanan once said he tolerates no fools and calls them out, usually backing his position with facts and figures. He and I have had our run-ins (Okay I"VE had my run ins with all of you) but I enjoy and appreciate his presence and as one who has been here for years I think the forum would be less if he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                      Speaking of relish....I was in Chicago for biz a couple weeks ago. Had a few "Chicago-Style Dogs" from a vendor on Michigan, loaded with onions, relish, ketchup, mustard, hot peppers, fresh tomatoes......damn they were good!
                      I have to skip the onions because of stomach issues but otherwise those sound great. Oh, and it needs a pickle too.
                      Last edited by edindetroit; November 17, 2015, 07:59 AM.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I am dismayed, but yeah, "cooler heads should prevail" today.

I get the insult thing from Liney's perspective. We're not supposed to do that so, let's not.

However, we've all been called worse things by other posters here now and again and kerfuffles happen but thankfully not very often.

So, as Rodney King famously said, "Can't we all just get along?"
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Somebody was rude? My my. So I guess at this point we now have a thread for hating on Missouri campus protesters and we also have a thread for acting like them.

Comment

• ^^^^
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm posting this only because Stan said something nice. Stan. Stan, who at various times posted at me with more venom than any other poster. And who I now actually get along with. The same can be said for Geezer. Aside from one moderator and Whodean, who I'm convinced mostly just loves to troll all things Ohio State, I now get along with all who post here frequently. Hell, I sent an email asking OP to return because the OSU thread wasn't the same without him.

So, I'll say this. For me, it's a matter of community and respect. For better or worse, I've posted with this group for 10+ years. When Worldcrossing crashed, this was the only group I came back to post with after a brief hiatus (and, I should note, upon request by a forum administrator). I've happily met a couple members from this forum and would very happily meet most others. I very much feel part of this community and, e.g., to that end, when there was need for funding I absolutely felt obligated to contribute and did so happily (though not at OP's Agua Gold amounts). Moreover, I've followed all "new rules" as well as anyone else -- the smack talk is in the OSU thread. The "serious" commentary is all other places. Because, hey, I respect you guys enough not to ruin your discussion of M football (especially when Hannibal can do it for me!).

So, it irritates me when I'm not treated equally. And it's crystal f'n clear that I'm not treated equally. It is a lack of respect. It is a total dick move. And it comes from only one person who is, quite unfortunately, a moderator. It's bullshit.

That said, leaving at the moment isn't quite right. I'd hate to rob you guys of your opportunity to sass me when HARBAUGH!!! beats Urbs. I'll see this season out and then the next time I get hit by a total dick move will be the last. And it's guaranteed to happen -- just a matter of when.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Okay. Now that we've all vented, can we return to posting about football? Please?
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X