Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it ..... I'll call later. Busy now.

Don't do anything rash.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Rash?

Moi?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Regrettably, Linesey did what he had to do. Talent has become increasingly aggressive, bitter, and mean-spirited over the past year or so, and I can't blame Linesman for having had enough of being on the receiving end of it. Are there some inconsistencies in how the forum is moderated? I suppose so. Long time posters who are Michigan fans are shown favoritism over relatively recent fans and fans of other teams. We're the home team. That's how it goes. It doesn't mean that Linesman has earned the vitriol that he has been getting. FTR I have posted on a lot Fof forums with shittier moderation than this one. Does Talent still make good contributions? Yes. But lately they are being drowned out by the personal insults and the "HARBAUGH!!!!" spamming, which is getting really old by now. In the OSU thread he was talking about a young OSU receiver and he made a snide "He's no Chris Evans" remark a couple of times. Jesus, man, give it a rest. For a guy whose team has beaten their rival 13 out of the last 15 tries and is favored to win again, he seems awfully bitter and unable to just enjoy a 77-10 victory by his own team. Talent might benefit from a break from the forum. I'm sure that we'll see him back someday.
        Last edited by Hannibal; September 5, 2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• AlabamAlum said:
          Booted? Ban confirmation? Are you booting Talent for these posts or am I misreading this?
          What? Which thread was the "offensive" conversation on? I just opened my computer and see this stuff. I vote no (if I have a vote) to any banning or other censorship. This is childish.

Comment

• AA said:
            I think it is a horrible mistake to ban him, a mistake you will probably regret, but my degrees and allegiances lie with another school and I have been reminded that this is a forum for Michigan fans so I don't feel like an actual forum member on equal footing here, so no ultimatums or demands from me. In the words of Mike Tyson, I'll just quietly fade into Bolivia.
            I agree not only with this, but with everything else AA has said on this matter. So now we are going to lose Talent and AA? Does this forum want that? I surely don't.

Maybe it would benefit everyone to just back off and let the dust settle. Come back to the matter next Monday. I assure you it will look different.

Comment

• I don't support banning people. It's an internet forum.

Comment

• To me, the goal of any loyal osu fan is to make M fans feel as miserable as possible. talent does an excellent job of doing just that. Sucks to be us.

Likewise, our job, since we've beaten an osu football team only once in the last, what, the last 13 years, is to bait, insult and do whatever is needed to make osu fans feel inferior, poorly educated, supporting coaches that cheat and just plain dumb. That's all we have and it ain't that good.

Suck it up.

Geezer if you want to catch up, go to the Admin Thread and start sometime yesterday at about 3pm EDT. It all started when talent implied beating Hawaii wasn't much to crow about and teased us with another HARBAUGH!!!! Comment. His post got deleted and things went downhill from there.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• MY complaint about OP and Hack's month long homophobic rant is that they carried it over into every thread. Talk about a subject that was irrelevant to the thread! Remember I was the one who suggested they start their own thread and go at it.I didn't advocate banning them

Comment

• I'm for banning Geezer for his libelous remarks about bestiality!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      I don't support banning people. It's an internet forum.
                      Oracle, this is the first time you've commented on this matter either on line or off line. You received the same PM that was sent to everyone else. I hope you'll discuss this with all the Mods.

I would absolutely love to see this forum be free wheeling and moderating itself. Believe me, there's nothing fun about being told to commit sodomy on a friend, and then be told that I deserved it, and had it coming. And then, just for kicks, .. seeing people I respect leave the forum because they think such comments are fair game. Allowing comments like that are not what made this forum as successful as its been for as long as it has.

Its not my idea of a good time. I'd much rather be talking about Coach Harbaugh, Coach Brown, Wilton Speight, and the team defense. But, we can't even do that anymore without being mocked to scorn.

I've made my position clear. Whatever happens from here on out will be a decision reached by a consensus of the Mods. That may include my departure. We'll see.

Comment

• It's pretty clear I'm not going to get banned. That was never realistic. I mean, cmon.

It's also pretty clear that enough people that I generally respect would rather I not post about M football. I'll save the mods time and trouble and give them a face-saving out: I won't post in any M specific thread nor will post a single direct thought on M football including recruiting. Nada. I may indirectly opine on M in, e.g., the SEC thread by saying, e.g., Alabama is better than any team in the B10. But that'll be as far as it goes.

If I post in any M specific thread, you guys can ban me.

I'll also make sure AA comes back.

That will put this ridiculousness to rest for once and all. It's already wasted far too much time.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stan just said:
                          Hell, Geezer accused me of practicing bestiality in the political discussion thread. His accusation constitutes legal slander. I don't see any attempt to ban his sorry ass. (Nor am I asking that he be banned. His outrageous posts merely enforce the fact that he is incapable of carrying on a cogent discussion without stooping to name calling of the basest nature.)( I would point out however that Jeff who deleted several of my posts for "name calling" did nothing to delete or ban someone who has committed legal slander. So goes life. Just understand and accept that certain rule apply to certain poster only and the deciding factor is not whether you are an OSU fan posting in a UM forum))(Doc I too have wondered how Talent has so much time to post, especially during the work day and then I remember that he has a job with the government so he has a lot of free time on his hands.)
                          Now, to correct the record:

Stan said (while we were discussing Justice Scalia's death)
                          Quote:
                          Geezer give credit where credit is due. I'm tired of your failure to acknowledge my great contributions to your needed education. Arrogant ignorance is such an insideous disease. it was me who stated that the country was better off with the death of Scalia, not Hack who advocated for the death of Cheney. Pissed off Entropy to no end.

to which I replied:
                          Boys, boys, don't fight over the carcass. Stan, I didn't realize your joy at Scalia's death was meant to further my continuing education. I just figured you were getting overly eager to marry your St. Bernard.
                          So now Stan wants me banned for "slander". If what I said constitutes slander, then go ahead and ban me too. It is merely the way I turn Stan inside out, using humor.

But that is not the point. The point is that Stan is a symptom of those who cannot deal with conflict or contradiction. I've been reading this discussion, and I could have predicted those who would be in favor of "banning" and those who oppose it. "Banning" is part and parcel of how some view the world. I don't need a safe space, and I darn sure don't want a safe space. I'm posting this so that anyone who doesn't read the MISC thread will know what I said.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; September 5, 2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• It's pretty clear I'm not going to get banned. That was never realistic. I mean, cmon.
                            Still thumbing your nose, I see.

That's fine.

To the Michigan fans in here I simply ask you to do one thing for me.

Go to O-Zone, or Bucknuts, and register as a Michigan fan.

If they let you in, find out who their Admin staff is.

When you determine who the Admin staff is, go in and tell them that they should sodomize one of their friends.

Then, come back here, and tell me how long it took them to PERMANENTLY BAN you.

As stated before. The reason this forum has existed as long as it has is because of how its been moderated.

I prefer to have a hands-off method of moderation. Yes, believe it or not. We've gone long stretches of time with absolutely no moderation taking place. Think of why that happens. Is it because we allow badgering of Admins, and suggestions that we sodomize each other? Or, is it because 99% of the members here know how to filter themselves, and respect other members views?

Go back and read Dr. Hodgeman's post. He said it as eloquently as anyone has. Or, do we want to see him slapped around a bit?

What happens from here on out will be a consensus decision by the Mods.

Comment

• Forum Administration

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              It's also pretty clear that enough people that I generally respect would rather I not post about M football. I'll save the mods time and trouble and give them a face-saving out: I won't post in any M specific thread nor will post a single direct thought on M football including recruiting. Nada. I may indirectly opine on M in, e.g., the SEC thread by saying, e.g., Alabama is better than any team in the B10. But that'll be as far as it goes.

If I post in any M specific thread, you guys can ban me.

I'll also make sure AA comes back.

That will put this ridiculousness to rest for once and all. It's already wasted far too much time.

Reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by whodean; September 5, 2016, 01:10 PM.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Believe me, there's nothing fun about being told to commit sodomy on a friend, and then be told that I deserved it, and had it coming. And then, just for kicks, .. seeing people I respect leave the forum because they think such comments are fair game. Allowing comments like that are not what made this forum as successful as its been for as long as it has.
                                Unless Stan makes the comment, in which case you don't bother considering how anyone might feels about it. You just mention that you met Stan at a tailgate and he's a he'll of a guy.

I don't really care if someone tells me to go blow someone. This is a sports forum, and not a Miss Manners forum. But now that the shoe is on the other foot, linesman, it's really quite rich for you to expect people like me to rally to your defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X