This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame]https://youtu.be/VyFpOp8Ft0Q[/ame]
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Maybe it's just me but I think Linesman should have a top role in forum moderation. 20 plus years in this role have kept together a wide array different personalities and opinions and helped maintain interest even in the lean years. I have nothing against the others but would consider it a sad day if Linesman is not recognized as our true leader,

Comment

• Linesman is a class person. All he wanted was a general treatment of respect amongst people here, and he got insults in return. You wanna disagree with someone? Fine. Disagree all you want. But you can disagree without personal attacks.

Comment

• I don't care who the mods are. If they are fair and reasonable then I don't forsee any problems. And establishing a process goes a long way to eliminating arbitrary decisions. I think every member here is capable of doing this except The Wizard and me.
          Last edited by iam416; September 9, 2016, 06:57 AM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Providing fundamental due process is at the core of any system that wants to regulate conduct. I agree with Talent that it goes along way to eliminate arbitrary decisions as long as the conduct that will bring sanctions as well as the sanctions themselves are well defined.

Comment

• Linesman will address his status today in this thread. He knows you will all be on pins and needles until he does. Expect him to work it.

talent, STFU ........ get back in your time out chair.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Whomever it is, let's acknowledge that it's not an easy task. The efforts are very much appreciated, Jeff & co. Sounds like some careful thought was put into it, and I'm glad that there has been consistency in feedback. It sounds like the group is on the right track.

If linesman is no longer going to be a moderator I hope we'll see him here as a poster, and he deserves a very hearty thanks for the years of time and effort.

Comment

• Kind words Hack from a guy who has screamed the most for linesman's removal as a moderator.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    Liney you probably have been as angry at me (or even more) for all the stupid crap I used to post, I don't agree with banning a regular poster for 15+ years. Talent has the best insight to recruiting along with WM Tiger. I think Buchanan has a good rap on this whole deal, how many times have you told people Stans a really nice guy in person?

People need to cool down, have thicker skin its not real life IMO
                    "have thicker skin" is a phrase that I frequently use, so I am very sympathetic to this idea. But here's something to think about -- none of us is running for President, nor are we at a public university. This is not our job. We can all have thick skin here, but why should we? To what end? I come here for fun. Despite our disagreements, I like to think that we are friends here. I don't need to have thick skin around my friends most of the time. If someone comes into my house and insults me, should I have thick skin and just take it? I could. Or, I could just kick that person's ass out of the house because it's my prerogative.

JMO
                    Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                      Kind words Hack from a guy who has screamed the most for linesman's removal as a moderator.
                      Well people are a mix of good and bad, strengths and weaknesses, etc. etc. We should look to see the good sides of people who frustrate us.

Except for you. No need in that case.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                        Kind words Hack from a guy who has screamed the most for linesman's removal as a moderator.
                        Yep!
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I'll be blamed, I suppose, and I can take it, but feel free to go back and look. I'm aware of the things I've said to and about linesman and the impact they might have on a person who, in the end, was doing what he thought was right. I usually have attempted to balance out that criticism by highlighting positives where/when possible.

Comment

• FTR, I am a veritable Temple of Virtue.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I like linesman. I always have. I don't remember how long we go back, but I know it's at least to the early days of WorldCrossing. I think the thing with Talent got personal. And don't get be wrong, the bald shyster from Ohio is maddening. I think, however, that we have to take a step back a bit from time-to-time and not take such things so seriously. Myself included.

In the end, though, I am disappointed that I was not named a mod. I mean, c'mon, Entropy, when Wiz was the obvious choice of the BigXII posters? And this forum wants me as a mod. It NEEDS be as a mod. And the first thing I would do is delete and/or move Talent's posts. Circle of life.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And don't get be wrong, the bald shyster from Ohio is maddening.

This is a reference to the Talent, not Buckeye Paul. Before anyone gets upset ☺

Comment

Working...
                                X