Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA... don't worry. I'll only change half of your posts. I just have to learn how to type in southern hick first.

=)
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Read your forum rules. Could not be more reasonable. Good job to the moderators.

Comment

• I did not want to leave a statement following my departure because I felt it was not necessary. However, since some questions have been asked I thought I'd make a brief statement, and leave it at that.

I decided to leave because I felt it was time to go. Nobody forced me out, nobody asked me to resign, nobody corerced me to leave. The decision was mine, and mine alone. When I sent my note to Deborah asking her to remove my Mod status, she asked me to take a couple days to think it over, which I did. After a couple days I still felt it was best for me to leave, so she honored my request. She told me that I could return whenever I like. So, we'll leave that at that.

Jeff and I had an excellent phone conversation on Tuesday, and we talked about the entire situation. I think I laughed more in an hour, than I've laughed in the entire past year. It was a fun conversation. Jeff has volunteered to take the "lead" role in the forum, and I think he's an excellent choice. He will run the forum well.

I urge everyone to support Jeff as he takes on the Lead Moderator role. He will need the support of all the Michigan faithful here to continue what we all began over 20 years ago. I also urge our core members from the "old days" to continue to show why this forum has succeeded as long as it has. There is good reason why opposing fans are present. They see what you have here, they like it, and they want to be a part of it. That just further demonstrates to me, that Michigan fans are the absolute best in college sports. Its not even close.

Well, Nebraska fans may be close .. but I digress. I still hate Scott Frost.

Thanks to those who have sent very kind comments my way. Its been a pleasure to share this forum with you.

For now, its best for me to stay away. I'll lurk occasionally, and I may have to make a giddy statement or two if Michigan manages to pull off a couple key wins. I'm only human, after all.

So long, and Go Blue.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "Except for you. No need in that case."

As I have posted in the past, I may be an asshole but i never welch on a bet. You know that first hand!

Comment

• liney.. don't be a stranger
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Liney as they say Don't let the bastards get you down. We have lost a HUGE number of posters (Doug,Sean, George, Jamie,Blue in Wisconsin, Jack Crancer, RegalBuck, Heater etc etc). We are diminished by their loss. Don't be a part of that loss.

Comment

• Agreed. Look forward to you coming around regularly, hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                  "Except for you. No need in that case."

As I have posted in the past, I may be an asshole but i never welch on a bet. You know that first hand!
                  You are definitely right about that. Unquestionably an asshole who pays his debts.

Comment

• Proposed new forum rules:

1) All personal disputes between individual posters will be settled by a round of "Yo mama" jokes. The winner will be adjudicated by the forum moderators. The winner of the contest is permitted to stay and is granted moderator status.(Note: once this rule is adopted, it must follow that AlabamAlum will never be granted moderator status, as his jokes are not fit for human contemplation.) The loser is sentenced to attend an entire season of home football games at Eastern Michigan.

2) Attacking a poster's character is forbidden, except when the poster is Talent, in which case, character attacks are required. Any post pertaining to Talent that does not include an assault on some aspect of his unfortunate existence is subject to deletion, or at the very least, appropriate editing.

3) From this time forward, there will be no further mention of the man who held the job of athletic director at the University of Michigan from 2010 to late 2014. Because, seriously, to hell with that guy.

4) Wild Hoss is summarily banned. Just because.

5) Any poster deemed responsible for an offensive post must make penance for his error by reciting a relevant passage of dialogue from The Big Lebowski (trust me, there's always a relevant passage in
                    The Big Lebowski). There are two exceptions to this rule: all posts from The Wizard are automatically deemed offensive and unforgivable, and if Dr. Hodgkins offends the board, he must type from memory the entire text of Lincoln's Second Inaugural. This should not be a challenge for him, as he attended that speech personally.

6) Any poster attempting to engage OP in rational debate is instantly subject to a period of intense mockery from all other participating posters.

7) Forum wide bets on The Game are now mandatory. AlabamAlum is permitted to substitute a bet on the Iron Bowl, provided he can find a taker. Any poster taking the side of Auburn in this year's Iron Bowl will be judged clinically insane, and will permanently forfeit all opportunities at moderator status.

8 ) Lengthy, boring posts with lame attempts at humor will be considered as infringements on JRB's board gimmick. No official punishment is due for such infringement: however, any infringing poster is strongly encouraged to consider that perhaps his life has taken a wrong turn somewhere.

9) Linesman's continued presence on this forum is not subject to debate. Godspeed, good sir.
                    Last edited by JRB; September 9, 2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• I urge you not to leave, linesman. Be a regular Joe. Your presence if not necessary, is appreciated.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Liney, I think you made the right choice to step down as a mod. Why get stressed over this place? Life gives us enough grief without a sports forum adding to it. I look forward to your return as a regular poster and your 2 cents on all thing Michigan. Go Blue!
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think the new rules are great; Bezerklie's are better.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            Liney, I think you made the right choice to step down as a mod. Why get stressed over this place? Life gives us enough grief without a sports forum adding to it. I look forward to your return as a regular poster and your 2 cents on all thing Michigan. Go Blue!
                            This.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              This.
                              That, which that this is about.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                I urge you not to leave, linesman. Be a regular Joe. Your presence if not necessary, is appreciated.
                                What AA said. Linesman, you're a class individual, a great guy and a great sports fan. Your choice of schools is a bit lacking, but hey, nobody's perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X