Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't be sure of it until the game's over.
    This

On paper we are better by 3+ TD's. I am fearing Speight will turn the ball over and keep MSU in the game, he's been fortunate with his lack of interceptions. A couple gifts to MSU is all it takes to make it a game. Dantonio always has gimmicks and the game could be ugly, which would clearly favor MSU. They only have one sole purpose in life - beat Michigan.

Comment

• Whatever we want to say about their purpose in life, which may or may not trigger certain feelings amongst some of their fans, the bottom line is that if you look at the history of M/MSU in both major sports, they more often than not play near their best against us in comparison with other games.

Comment

• Don't care about Spartys feelings. Im going back and forth though, Hoke/Rod is gone and we have Harbaugh. Maybe just maybe, we pound the living crap out of them.

Comment

• I just don't want D'antonio to leave. Would hate for him to walk away from the job before losing more. But first things first.

Comment

• Please keep further discussion on the Spartans in the Spartan thread.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff the problem with that is no one goes to that thread because no one cares about that team. No one cared when they were a slightly above average team and certainly don't give 2 f's now that they're back to where they should be. Little brother has to invade other threads to get some kind of response.

I can't wait until they hire the next John L. Thank you, that is all.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Be patient - let's see Dantonio get beat a few times first. But I bet we don't get the chance. A lot of high-profile vacancies this upcoming offseason.

Comment

• Dantonio is a good coach, but a very mediocre recruiter. Harbaugh and UFM are running circles around him, recruiting-wise, in the B1G.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Reply here, in the dank corner in which our mods would prefer this type of content to be quarantined: http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...5&postcount=65

Comment

• The Rest of College Football thread works too.

Comment

• For you moderators. Is there any way to change the numbering of posts in order to see if/when posts were taken down by either the poster or the moderator. Just having a skip in the numbering system would tell others that posts were taken down.

Further, what about a rule that when a moderator posts, it must stay. If the moderator says something stupid, he can just apologize.

Comment

• i'd have to add the apology to my signature line...
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            For you moderators. Is there any way to change the numbering of posts in order to see if/when posts were taken down by either the poster or the moderator. Just having a skip in the numbering system would tell others that posts were taken down.

Further, what about a rule that when a moderator posts, it must stay. If the moderator says something stupid, he can just apologize.
                            On your first question....I don't know if that can be done. I'm pretty sure that it would be a global change if done and that's not going to happen. I'll inquire of Deborah, though.

On your second observation.....I'm personally opposed to adding any other rules. The one's we have now seem to be working fine. Moreover, I'm not aware of any mods posting something and then taking it down. Entropy maybe? My feeling on this is that if anyone posts something they regret and elect to delete it, that's their call to make mod or not..... am I missing something here?
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 11, 2016, 03:13 PM.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• agree Jeff..

I deleted one today that said:

one should always be careful in changing things like that.. Dem's changed some rules in 2013 that will make it easier for the R's to repeal obamacare.

I deleted it because I didn't want to be part of continuing that line of conversation. I changed my mind. I think that should be my right as a poster.
                              Last edited by entropy; November 11, 2016, 02:39 PM.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Fwiw, I wish more people would delete their posts. Not gonna name any names (Talent), but I think you know who I'm talking about (it's Talent).
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X