This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entropy - Thanks for your post.

You and the other Nebraska guys here have always been mutually respectful of Michigan and Michigan fans, and I hope that you, Wild Hoss an Wiz continue to contribute here as normal. I find your Nebraska information to be informative and interesting. You demonstrate on a daily basis why adding Nebraska and its fan base to the Big Ten was a great move.

Once we get past some of this other bullcrap, I'll see what we can do about threads. I might go to some kind of a "anything goes... enter at your own risk" thread, but we'll see.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't really think private discussions or private emails are appropriate. This is a community and its members deserve to be treated uniformly with respect. You have the option of leaving out names or other identifying details if you care to come clean. The secrecy and your customized set of rules for each poster are offensive to me perhaps similar to the way the words moron, retard and gay are offensive to you. So if I get any emails or PMs from you on the topic or on anything else that might seem relevant for the whole I may choose to copy the text and paste it here for all to see. Information shared with me can be shared with the group.

Comment

• Hack, I have nothing to "come clean" about.

I've stated above how I intend to moderate the forum from now on.

Rob F and I PM'd you and Optimus Prime about a week ago, concerning the direction your conversations were going regarding homosexuality. If you recall, that was when the "gay marriage" issue was handed down by the USSC, and WE felt that the conversation was headed to a political discussion, which as you know, we do not want in here. So, WE attempted to handle this thing OFF LINE, and PRIVATELY so as to not embarrass YOU or OP here in the open forum. Unfortunately, those efforts were made public by both of you. My attempt was simply to rein in a discussion before it got into a heated political debate. Obviously my attempt failed, and was not appreciated.

Quite honestly, my personal views toward the LGBT and its agenda is probably to the right of Rush Limbaugh. However, I don't express those views in here, because I know that I have friends in here who disagree with me on the topic. So we have ALL agreed to leave those topics alone.

As for any future private messaging, I will make sure that when I speak to you, it will be only in the open forum. I will never private message you again. That is what you prefer, that is what you will get.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Wait, where else am I going to post my daily Gallant Defeat?....
          Any where you like. I'm enjoying the recounting of some of the worst Saturdays in my life. Pain has a cleansing effect.

The Saturdays in the future should be much more enjoyable.

Especially Sat., 11/23/13.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've nothing to be embarrassed about. Happy to cut/paste here those private messages you sent me and OP. I haven't because you obviously valued discretion, and because OP shouldnt be outed until he s ready. You are bo th welcome. If I gave you as much consideration and respect as you have given me, I would have posted them already.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              You WOULD try, and there's a sailor's logic right there. But you are not going to get me onboard any of your vessels. Lord knows where they've been or what fluids have sloshed across their decks when you and your South Beach friends drink your alcopops and pretend you're staying at the YMCA.

As usual Hack your candor is misplaced and frankly The Prime suffers no fools. I've taken the prudent and precautionary measure of installing smart glass. It's a laminated glass product that appears opaque, like frosted glass, when non-electrified, and becomes transparent once an electrical current is applied. Only God knows what "you people" do behind closed doors.

Imagine heading down these stairs towards a salon or berth and witness Hack cutting loose on SOBE! I'd have to gouge my eyes out, hence the glass, sure it costs a fortune but it is worth it.

Hack & his associate (visible).

No Hack & his associate (non visible) & thank Jesus.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 17, 2013, 05:29 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Especially Sat., 11/23/13.
                I would respond, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to. LOL.

Yes, well, by then I'm quite sure I'll be banned. I know how M fans troll on the Ohio thread and I know that I'll continue with my offensive fact-based responses.

That will be good for one of us. Heh. I know which one, too, but, again, I don't think I can say. Heh.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I've nothing to be embarrassed about. Happy to cut/paste here those private messages you sent me and OP. I haven't because you obviously valued discretion, and because OP shouldnt be outed until he s ready. You are bo th welcome. If I gave you as much consideration and respect as you have given me, I would have posted them already.
                  Do whatever you got to do Hack.

As I stated above, if I don't like the post, I'll delete it.

Comment

• I agree re no need for private messages. If you can't come out and say it in front of everybody, it ain't worth saying.

One other point. The University of Michigan is about much, much more than just football and basketball and a few other sports. There are some smart and well-educated people here. Plus there is RobF, but I digress. I think it is regrettable that there can't be a thread here to discuss politics, current events, world views, etc.

Comment

• Dennis .. in one of our previous locations, we tried a "political thread", and it disintegrated into a lot of hard feelings.

We decided for the overall health of the forum, that we would not have political discussions, and just limit it to sports.

Deborah does have a Politics Forum as part of the Detroit Lions group, and you can go there to discuss politics. I went there about a month or so ago, and there are several people there discussing current events and politics.

We just can't have it here. I'm sorry.

Comment

• And Dennis .. you're spot on about Rob F ... :-)

Comment

I've nothing to be embarrassed about. Happy to cut/paste here those private messages you sent me and OP. I haven't because you obviously valued discretion, and because OP shouldnt be outed until he s ready. You are bo th welcome. If I gave you as much consideration and respect as you have given me, I would have posted them already.
                          Not necessary.

Hack you were obviously the intended recipient, I was probably "cc" by accident.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• OP its great that you have fantasies about me and your boat and some weird mirrors but linesman has asked us to stay away from politics. For his sake if it will make you happy I will send you a picture of me and my current boyfriend.

Comment

• Dennis .. in one of our previous locations, we tried a "political thread", and it disintegrated into a lot of hard feelings.

I recall that from the WXing era and I think it's wise to declare that a no-go zone. I think that ought to extend into the gun-control discussions that come up here, as that is a venue in which some awfully offensive ideas are discussed about minorities in this country. I think the consistent and fair application of the principles the forum operates on would treat that type of stuff the same as any discussion about gays, retards or morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                I would respond, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to. LOL.
                                Ahh, the salutory effect of the scolding you so rightfully deserve.

Clearly, our job here is to minimize, subrogate, inter, bury all things osu.

I would be remiss if I didn't include osu fans in that effort as well.

Point of order ....... I feel pretty confident that you're not going to get slammed for a retort that might demean one of us here as long as that retort is taken in the spirit of good fan rivalry. You just never know when Liney is having a good day or a bad one .... so mind your Ps and Qs!
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X