Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that ought to extend into the gun-control discussions that come up here, as that is a venue in which some awfully offensive ideas are discussed about minorities in this country.
    I've seen and participated in the few discussion we've had in here about guns over the years. I've seen nothing offensive in any of those discussions, and if they stay that way, I have no problem with them going forward. If I do have a problem with it, I'll delete the offending posts.

-- next --

I think the consistent and fair application of the principles the forum operates on would treat that type of stuff the same as any discussion about gays, retards or morons.
    I'm not worried or concerned about the consistent and fair application of the principles the forum operates on. I'm not really running things from a fairness standpoint now. I'm running it on what I like and don't like. If I like it, ..it stays. If I don't like it, its deleted.

I like good stuff about University of Michigan sports. The other stuff is determined on a case-by-case basis.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Perfectly fair, mein Fuhrer.

Just kidding!
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ahh, the salutory effect of the scolding you so rightfully deserve
        Well, heh, at least you're honest about this whole charade being entirely about me (and how I've pushed Liney with use of the word "moron" and reference to deletions).

Point of order ....... I feel pretty confident that you're not going to get slammed for a retort that might demean one of us here as long as that retort is taken in the spirit of good fan rivalry
        Eh, my responses are consistently proportional, yet, here we are. I don't much care. My responses will continue to be proportional.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've seen and participated in the few discussion we've had in here about guns over the years. I've seen nothing offensive in any of those discussions, and if they stay that way, I have no problem with them going forward. If I do have a problem with it, I'll delete the offending posts.

You've said a thing or two that would be highly offensive to most people of colour in this country. No surprise that you haven't noticed, then. Or that you don't seem to care. But, for the record, that shit is offensive. If you're going to be politically correct in the service of maintaining a healthy community of posters, than do the whole thing. Not just the parts that make sense to you.

Comment

• Got it, Hack.

Comment

• Politics & religion can't be discussed without people having hard feelings when people disagree. We've had enough discussions that turn into politics that I agree with liney on this. We have a current events discussion?

Comment

• I recall that from the WXing era and I think it's wise to declare that a no-go zone. I think that ought to extend into the gun-control discussions that come up here, as that is a venue in which some awfully offensive ideas are discussed about minorities in this country. I think the consistent and fair application of the principles the forum operates on would treat that type of stuff the same as any discussion about gays, retards or morons.

Had no idea you are such a delicate flower Hack, grow a pair and begin posting responsibly.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• A carnation. Because it is your favorite.

I thought I had endured this properly but it turns out really the best way to influence the situation is to become a former poster and make complaints secretly. I'd been going about it wrong this whole time.

Comment

• Stop being such a gray retread.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      And Dennis .. you're spot on about Rob F ... :-)
                      Hey!

I reassemble that remark...

I have been more than just a little pressed for time over the last 4-5 days. Sometimes the good things and the not-so-good things in life, things involving family and friends, etc., interfere with the fun and games this place is all about, and sometimes tragedy jumps in to remind one of life's real priorities. Let me (ever so briefly) digress:

Last week I and my family celebrated mom's 83rd birthday. She's doing well and we hope she stays healthy and happy for many more. Good time had by all that were there to celebrate with us.

Next day, though, I was saddened by news of the death of a 5-year-old. Didn't know the child myself, but have been friends for decades of the grandparents (a former co-worker and her husband), both of them wonderful people, wonderful parents, wonderful grandparents.

So, (finally) here I am now, sorry not to be here to intercept some of the crap that's been tossed in Liney's direction the last few days, but so goes life. Bottom line for me though is that real life as always takes priority over this fun stuff.

Enough about my personal matters though...

I'm really just beginning to digest the shiite-storm that has developed, somewhat as a result of a can of worms I largely opened up myself last week. IMO, it was a long-overdue opening of that can of worms, and I don't for a moment regret it.

I just finished reading the last 5 pages of this thread alone, and intend to re-read them later on tonight after skimming thru a few other threads that might or might not be related to whats being argued about here. I will put together a response, but it might not be until tomorrow, might be sooner.

One thing I will say to end, though: Liney, you have my support on how you wish to run this place. Might not agree after the first read on some of the individual details as outlined on how you intend to run this place, but overall, I understand where you're coming from and the frustrations you have with the "job" and why you appear to have to decided to rule with an iron fist at this point in time.

More comments, observations and so on later.

Comment

• Liney's new policies will not make this a more active forum. They will drive more people away than they attract. He just set the forum to auto-destruct.

Whatever. Ultimately it's a Michigan forum. It's just a shame that liney thinks the people who don't post here are much more important than the ones who do. And that includes not just me and Talent, but Hack, Jeff, OP, Tony, Oracle, Dennis, etc etc.

Comment

• The weight of Office for the "US Moderators' Service", will weigh heavily on any man.

Do you selfishly, have any idea what he must bare daily, of course not.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 17, 2013, 07:27 PM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Do you selfishly, have any idea what he must bare daily, of course not.
                            I do not wish to know what he bares nor bears
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Strangelove, with all due respect, your opinion of what I've done here today is akin to what my opinion is worth over at Bucknuts.

The purpose behind what I have done today is more about solidifying the future of the forum, than what it is about trying to regain lost contributors. If some former contributors find their way back, that's fine with me, but I will not be actively trying to get anyone to come back.

Comment

• We'll be fine .......

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled program.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X