Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liney's new policies will not make this a more active forum. They will drive more people away than they attract. He just set the forum to auto-destruct.
    Of course not. This whole charade is purely a Liney-Talent thing. That much is painfully obvious. The rest is disingenuous nonsense.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I just finished reading the last 5 pages of this thread alone, and intend to re-read them later on tonight

Just skip the big words if you get stuck.

Comment

• That's the spirit, Dennis.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• New blood, new ideas,opinions, and perspectives are usually a good thing to add. Sure, there's the risk of occasionally getting stuck with some jerk you regret having around, but most newbies on any forum figure out quickly how to either fit in and find their niche, or realize it's not the place they're looking for and quickly move on.
          Yo, Dennis....hello?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

And Hack? Go to Bucknuts and see if you, as a Michigan fan, can object to any changes that their administrators decide to impose. Let me know how that works out.
            Why would anyone care how an ohio forum runs things? Setting the bar waaaaay low there.:-D

Comment

• I really didn't think things would get so heavy here when I asked Deb to start this sub-forum up to provide a home for the World X refugees.

Comment

• rabble rouser
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• If it becomes a problem, ask her to boot my ass out.

Comment

• I just think things are getting far more complicated than need be.

I'm all for avoiding personal insults and racist, homophobic, etc. remarks.

As far as anything else, this is sports we are talking about.

Passion is great but, when it comes down to it, it doesn't need to be taken that seriously. I think it should be enjoyed more than anything. That includes a little back and forth with those that secretly love the Michigan Wolverines.
                    Last edited by *JD*; July 21, 2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Liney is the reason we've had a successful forum here for a good 15 years. He is as passionate as anyone when it comes to UM program loyalty but he has shown amazing tolerance for dissension and hyperbole. He wisely curtailed political topics a few years back which was a very wise move. I say whatever Liney decides I am good with it. You won't find many people with the statesman like qualities he has shown in leading this forum.

As for visiting forums of other schools, I say have at it if you wish. I have zero interest in what other forums are talking about. Those that keep returning here from other schools obviously have respect for the way things are managed here and the quality of the discussions or they wouldn't bother.

Comment

• I think I'll just leave this thread be for a while. I had no idea there was a problem in this Forum until I checked in here a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          If it becomes a problem, ask her to boot my ass out.
                          The theats or mentions of quitting get old. It reminds me of an old psycho girlfriend I used to have.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• She must of weighed 400 lbs.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Tony .. all I'm saying is that if a clear majority of the contributors here feel that I've gone over the edge and made things too difficult for decent conversation, then those who feel that way can go to Deborah to see about having me removed. And anyone who may be considering that, please be advised that I've already had a short conversation with Deborah, and she's fully aware of what's going on here.

Honestly, with the endorsement from Dr. Hodgeman above, I'm more determined than ever to hang on and proceed with what I've stated. I probably respect his opinion more than anyone else here.
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; July 21, 2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• I said my piece back here #770

Comment

Working...
                                X