X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was his proclamation?

Comment

• Plural. It was the end of 2011 and early 2012. Coach Hoke had just led M to an 11-2 record and Sugar Bowl glory. OSU muddled through the Year of Fickell and had just hired UFM. Opinions as to the trajectory of each program were varied. Some were particularly strong. And some were not only strong but massively wrong -- wrong by orders of magnitude from the standard (and fair) "your guy is good, but we like our guy" stuff.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Honestly it would've taken a brave man to publicly say Hoke was a dope after 11-2.

Saying Hoke was better than Urban, on the other hand...well...

Comment

• It was also saying that UFM wouldn't succeed. I have zero problems with home-team fans championing Hoke after 2011. I was dubious for a ton of reasons, but, eh, whatever. It was ludicrous to doubt UFM, IMO.

Comment

• OP takes it like a champ in a way OP only can.

So I've heard. That's hot.

Comment

• Jamie H. Really hated me and that was his only redeeming quality. I do wish he had stayed though, the fireworks were priceless at times. You could yank his chain in any direction and he'd start dancing!

JB you are one of the nicest guys I know and yes I plan to hit Michigan games en masse, Harbaugh was always my favorite Wolverine, who knew he'd turn out to be a genius kickass coach too? Sorry about Dallas, as you know, lost my father and best friend to cancer that fall, football didn't mean much at the to me, was essentially numb.

Congratulations, wow Kara getting married this weekend! If it's some Euro/Metro guy, hopefully his father is a loaded Baron or Duke, makes life so much easier.

Jon:

It's a Mossaberg JIC (just in case), part of a floating survival kit. Leatherman, signal mirror, flares, 2L of h2o, if you go down at sea you usually die. Never fired it but loaded my little brother's with slugs once, never again, it will brake your wrist. A stock makes perfect sense but it is intended as a one and done, followed by a Police report.

Speaking of JIC, never intend to land in the drink but if I do, snagged the Breitling with an EPIRB emergency satellite beacon. One use only, watch dies if you ever use it but the prestigious Swiss manufacturer will replace it FOC if you live, 26 000 apparently have been rescued.

[Youtube]v2y-TQSL6XE[/YouTube]
              Last edited by Prime2; April 30, 2015, 02:56 PM.
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I remember one time I was just trying to needle Michigan fans in general about the marching band. My buddy was a big time marching band aficionado, he used to talk about the Michigan marching band at one Rose Bowl parade being out of breath. I would never be able to possibly tell that. In fact I thought my friend was full of it, just letting his hatred of Michigan color his observation. But I tucked into my back pocket for a later date.

I repeated that story and apparently JamieH was in that band on that day, holy crap did I stir up a hornet's nest. Apparently that was some criticism that he had heard before.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Well are you gonna enforce the rules then? Paul flaunts them and seems to relish it whether he's needlessly insulting a Michigan fan or someone else. It's even worse than that period when you banned politics and then brought up politics regularly for a few weeks.

(No offense, Paul. I don't actually want you banned. Linesman just deserves some blowback for this autocratic silliness.)
                  None taken, I think?? I (now) try to limit my insults to the ohio fucks...
                  Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure. Will let you know when I'm certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                      That's a bit too fatalistic, but there is something there. Truth is that this has devolved into a forum that Talent is directing and nobody besides Buchanan can keep up with. Yeah, it's a public forum and it always comes back to being "on topic" but that's beside the point. It's just not as much fun being in conversations that are dominated by two parties and one of them is obsessed with undermining everything that is brought into discussion. People haven't bailed because they're too busy or because of occasionally juvenile exchanges. They've left because Talent is such an ass.
                      Thanks, Tom, for summing things up perfectly IMO.

It's mind-boggling to me that the good folks here would allow an a$$ like talent to dominate every conversation, and denigrate anyone who disagrees with his "facts."

He plays nice for a period, but strike a nerve, and his true colors come out - in spades - 24/7. Gets pretty f'in old.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• He plays nice for a period, but strike a nerve, and his true colors come out - in spades - 24/7. Gets pretty f'in old.

Same goes for all of us, save for you. You just don't have that play-nice period.

But I do agree this is potentially a problem. If we can't handle this now I don't see how we're going to handle it when the rivalry is actually a rivalry again.

Comment

• I apologize for being so right so much of the time. And for OSU by being so good, but that's not really my fault. In the meantime I will continue to facilitate useful, interesting discussions and work on being wrong once in awhile.

Comment

• I repeated that story and apparently JamieH was in that band on that day
                            Jamie was in the MMB for at least 3 years, and I believe he played at the snake pit twice. He once told us how the MMB was treated in Columbus, and how vile some of the comments were, that were directed their way. To me, it explains a lot regarding his feelings for ohio, and it also explains his love for Michigan football.

I wish he'd come back.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "He plays nice for a period, but strike a nerve, and his true colors come out - in spades - 24/7. Gets pretty f'in old. "

Describes the smarmy little prick to a "T"

Comment

• Yeah, Talent! Geez. Can't you just play nice all the time, like Stan?

Comment

Working...
                                X