Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is definitely entertaining, was out of his element at the debate though (looked kind of stiff) and aswering 'Bulldog' Megyn Kelly questions wasn't easy. Ben Carson had a very good night IMO.

Comment

• I have found many things that he's said to be offensive.

But, Megyn Kelly is a big girl, and she also has a law degree. She can take care of herself.

I'd let Trump post here if the price was right ... :-P

Also ... ROB F SIGHTING!!!!!!

Howdy there buddy! Glad to see you again!
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        He is definitely entertaining, was out of his element at the debate though (looked kind of stiff) and aswering 'Bulldog' Megyn Kelly questions wasn't easy. Ben Carson had a very good night IMO.
        Kasich was the big winner. Carson? Dude was human chloroform.

Comment

• Regarding the conversation going on in the "ohio" thread.

In keeping with my promise not to post there, and to leave the thread "safe" (thanks, Hack) from my moderation, I'll just make a comment here, since my moniker was brought up.

I do occasionally READ the thread. However, I re-affirm that no matter what is said in there, for my part, it will remain an un-moderated thread. If another Mod wants to take any action, that's up to them. I've washed my hands of the situation.

I, along with many others, would like to see Hack and Prime end their "gay" conversation. But, they're both grown men, and its been proven that when I try to suggest actions (i.e. please stop doing that) for contributors here, it ends up kicking me in the a$$. So, as long as it stays in an unmoderated thread like "ohio", its fair game. If it appears in a protected thread, its fair game for ME.

So to sum up:

1. Protected threads are not safe from a "liney leadership aneurysm". Mess with those threads, and I'll be responding.

2. Unprotected threads, as far as I'm concerned, are un-moderated, unless one of the other mods decide to take action. I will not moderate them. Have at it, swing away. I do, however, reserve the right to have some fun with posts that I find "interesting".

3. If you CLICK on an un-moderated thread (like ohio), and you see something there you don't like, ... oh well. Don't complain to me about it. It was decided a few months ago by the majority of Michigan fans here that they WANTED the thread here. SO .. it stays. And... if you click on it, .. and you see something that pisses you off, .. oh well. You clicked on it. You should know better. If you don't like what's posted in there, don't click on it. Don't post there. Let the thread DIE, as it should have YEARS ago. Its outlived its purpose and usefulness long ago.

Okay, Hack .. I'm over the leadership aneurysm for today. All clear.

Comment

• I've just added a couple more protected threads.

I protected the "Miscellaneous/OT" thread, and "The Rest Of CF" thread.

That will give serious posters a couple more places to have actual conversations.

They will be subjected to the liney leadership aneurysm, should they be messed with.

Comment

• Deb just let us know in the Lions Forum that hosting this site has risen to $55 per month.

Be sure to use the Amazon link on this site when buying from Amazon. You can also send her money via PayPal.

This isn't free folks. Do your part.

Comment

• Guys -

Lets get on board and help Deb with the forum hosting costs.

Even if all of us only contribute $5.00 per month apiece, that goes a long way in defraying Deb's costs in running the forums.

We have an anonymous member here who is contributing a full 2 months. ($55.00 x 2) So, lets show how generous our Michigan fans are. Get on board, and help out.

I challenge everyone to donate a minimum of $5.00 per month. That's $1.25 per week, and 17 cents per day.

All of us can afford that. If you can't, you shouldn't be here.

Thanks

Liney

Comment

• What's her email addy.

I will contribute. This is a terrific forum. I don't want to move again!

All you other f'ers break out your check books.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks for your PM, Liney.

Here are some instructions for using Amazon and/or PayPal to support the Forum.

1. You can click the Amazon.com link at the upper right of the forum before adding items and purchasing them from Amazon. The forum receives a small commission on everything sold this way and the monthly percentage goes up after so many items are sold, so even purchasing a .99 cent MP3 helps!! Supporting the forum in this way costs you nothing extra.

2. Should you wish to donate money to the forum, you may do so via PayPal. You can either send money within PayPal to lionsforum@webcatdesign.com or you can go to www.detroitlionsforum.com and click the "Make a Donation" button in order to have all the details filled out for you within PayPal.

Comment

• Thanks Liney, I no longer wish to remain anonymous.

Sorry it has come to this, it is incredibly embarrassing that Deb has been burdened with this for so long, personally I am much better than that.

Here is the deal, I have pledged 2 months ( 2 x $55.00) immediately, check enroute as we speak, irrecoverable.

Most of us thought this was free, less the few wiley habitual abusers. It is shameful that the guys that post here don't financially stand on their own, frankly embarrassed to be associated.

So, If Deb receives matching funds (12mths x $55 p/m) within 60 days, I will pay the entire first year of hosting fees. That's 2 months to come up with $660.00 annually, collectively.

If so, I will pay the balance ($660.00- $110.00) = $550.00 upon email confirmation from Deb, towards the first-year costs.

That means the first 12 months fee-free and you don't have to worry about collecting down the road for nearly 24 months.

Sadly it as come to this, just to clean this mess up.

Last, I will no longer post here very shortly given my fallout with a long-timer moderator.

One shot deal boys, make it happen.

Very last, I owe this to Liney and anyone else associated with carrying this group for far too long.
                      Last edited by Prime2; September 20, 2015, 08:05 PM.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I don't see the "Make a Donation" button on the screen www.detroitlionsforum. I don't want to buy anything from Amazon, I just want to click a link and be taken somewhere where I can send money via PayPal.

Thanks for helping.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks to Bimmer for the info.

Prime, there's no reason at all for you to leave, my friend. We all have meltdowns, disagreements and blowups. I am a (no pun intended) prime example of that.

Please stay.

If you need to take a short breather, then do so, and come back more bombastic than ever. We don't need to lose more Michigan fans.

Everyone else, get busy and help out with the donations.

Thanks.

Comment

• Prime ..... you have mail.

Comment

• We've made our bed here. It's not a surprise that we have to lie in it now.

Prime, please don't go. Maybe you just need a hug? Maybe just go watch Beaches, have a good cry, and feel better afterward.

Comment

• I don't have a paypal account. How can I make a direct contribution. Would hate to see Prime leave as he provides the best entertainment on this forum and takes no shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X