No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARBAUGH!!! has no responsibility for what his staff is doing behind his back. This is clear first amendment retaliation against a good Christian man speaking his mind about abortion.

Everyone cheats. Why punish Michigan just because they got caught? That's unconstitutional!

Comment

• Jeff protesting a speeding ticket for going 81 MPH in a 55 zone because the cop "obviously" pulled him over for having a Jesus fish on the back of his Cadillac. Slam dunk case.

Comment

• Everyone is doing it.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Everyone does it but no one gains anything from it.

Comment

• Well, I don't need to sass this shit any more. I mean, I can -- and I will if it turns out that's where things are going. But, as I've said, we're in a dead period. I reckon everyone knows what I think of it. And I've predicted what I think will happen.

All I need is a prediction from Mike.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Jeff protesting a speeding ticket for going 81 MPH in a 55 zone because the cop "obviously" pulled him over for having a Jesus fish on the back of his Cadillac. Slam dunk case.
              Jeff most certainly doesn't have a Cadillac or a Jesus fish, but that's even funnier than the guy that we saw selling weed out of the back of a motorized rickshaw on Main Street after the game on Saturday.

Comment

• Both those images are very funny.

Comment

• Damn, man....now whenever I see a wall of text with dozens of embedded caveats, I'm gonna think of an old dude in cabana wear driving around Ft. Lauderdale in a1998 Deville with a bobblehead Jesus on the dash.

I mean....well fucking done, Strangelove.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    You're too smart to play so dumb.

I guess I could just quote you from about two weeks ago -- "It's OV-AAAAAAH" (paraphrasing).

Hammered? -- I'd expect some combination of a postseason ban, scholarship reductions and/or a show-cause (or two). Time served? Not on the table.

But, again -- this issue is done for the time being. The B10 acted. The NCAA is investigating.

Unfortunately, you'll probably be the only guy around here who doesn't quit.
                    When I said the run is over (which it is after this season) it's because of the talent we're losing. Something like 20 starters will be moving on with 16-18 of them projected to be drafted. You don't quickly recover from that unless you have Georgia/Alabama/Ohio State type recruiting classes every year. Michigan has been slogging away with top 15ish classes which means those guys need a few years to develop. It's not a plug and play situation.

Re: Impermissible in-person scouting, I think it's the most overblown scandal since "deflategate". It's a situation where the Michigan guy had buddies take cell phone video of games in-person and other schools got our signs off TV and film. Bottom line is everyone tries to get the other teams' signals but Stalions went over the line in obtaining Michigan's opponents'. The competitive advantage argument is moot considering OSU and Rutgers sent Purdue Michigan's signals prior to the CCG last year. Hell, Harlon Barnett just said last week after the Indiana game that they had to change things up because it's widely known around league that IU is good at getting your signals. Legally, we presume, but it's one more data point that, yes, everybody DOES in fact obtain other teams' signs whether it's from TV/film study, in-person scouting, or another team just sends them to you out of the goodness of their heart. Then you still have to decipher the shit in real time and send in an adjustment to your team with enough time for them to get reset and execute. Subject matter experts say, at best, you might be able to affect 3 plays during the course of a game.

The argument that Stalions is the reason for Michigan's success the last 3 years is stupid fucking laughable nonsense espoused by axe-grinding losers.

As for actual punishment from the NCAA resulting from Connor Stalions sending tickets to his buddies so they could make cell phone videos in the stadium, I think the haters will be disappointed. I'm far from an expert on NCAA sanctions but I do know you can be recorded buying 5* recruits, subsequently win national championships, and get off relatively scot-free. The competitive advantages gained by Bill Self and Sean Miller are astronomically greater than anything Michigan was doing. That is undeniable. Harbaugh hasn't exactly endeared himself to the NCAA this past year so he'll be receiving no benefit of the doubt, however.

The big unknown is if anything can be connected back to the coaches. Then you'll have show causes and all that. If it's isolated to Stalions, I would think a reduction of a few scholarships for a couple years along with the suspension that Harbaugh has already unjustly served. Maybe they lose a couple staff positions for a couple years, too. The thought of a postseason ban is preposterous.

Comment

• Everyone is buying tickets to scout signals.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Unfortunately, you'll probably be the only guy around here who doesn't quit.
                        lol Its about dead anyway. Not that it will matter much to me. Maybe DSL and Talent can post politics at each other and wiz can tell them to stfu

All things come to an end I have seen a lot of forums die. I have been here too long anyway, up in the Lions part, before this place was created, I think it was me who told someone at the old Michigan forum to reach out to Deb.

Comment

• By the way, Talent fix your damn e-mail - I think you have been hacked. I keep getting weird shit from you that I know it's not meant for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Everyone is buying tickets to scout signals.
                            Not everyone. Most teams use a different method. Fortunately, one positive to come from this will be in-helmet comms. I'll be waiting for everyone to thank Michigan.

Comment

• Everyone is cheating...but it has no impact...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Well, I'm not sure why you'd love to see my face when something happens that I thnk will happen (i.e., not forfeiting games). But, whatever.
                                What do you think will happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X