No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Urban Meyer address that scenario, Liney. He said he's not sure he could tell the kid who went 5-0 "I know you just won the first five games but this other guy who was punished for cheating will now take your job. Thanks for playing" (paraphrasing but you get the point).

Comment

• I agree with Sean B. Lots of pressure on the new additions for game 6 of the season. IF they come back, that is.

Comment

• Let the Braxton Miller era begin!!!

Comment

• I have a feeling they may not be back.

This Fickell guy may decide to cut ties with the whole bunch of them, and start fresh.

Then again ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If he does that now (what with the count of involved players growing daily) he better have one helluva walk-on program if he wants to win!

Fickell may or may not have had any knowledge about any of this, but he sure is walking into a shit-storm. I don't envy anyone's ability to coach in that quagmire, regardless of what actually comes down from the NCAA. Talk about having the deck stacked against you.

Comment

• I thnk that OSU will be stuck with Fickell. He will probably have a good first year and if he wins 9 or 10 games and beats Michigan, the job will be his.

Comment

• If he wins 9-10 ballgames, AND beats Michigan with the group he's got coming back, they'd be awful hard pressed to deny him the job.

But, you never know. The mindset in Columbus is unlike any other in college football. They may be so infatuated with the idea of Urban Meyer that they'll go after him and promise him the world, no matter how well Fickell does.

Comment

• BTN airing special on Ohio State tonight (5/31/11)
                  A special edition of Big Ten Football Report will debut tonight at 7 p.m. ET to discuss Jim Tressel’s resignation as head coach of the Ohio State football program. Dave Revsine, Rick Pizzo, Gerry DiNardo, Howard Griffith and Chris Martin will be in studio, and will be joined from Columbus by Glen Mason and reporter Dionne Miller.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• BTN airing special on Ohio State tonight (5/31/11)
                    A special edition of Big Ten Football Report will debut tonight at 7 p.m. ET to discuss Jim Tressel?s resignation as head coach of the Ohio State football program. Dave Revsine, Rick Pizzo, Gerry DiNardo, Howard Griffith and Chris Martin will be in studio, and will be joined from Columbus by Glen Mason and reporter Dionne Miller.
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Denard is only a 3rd team prediction?

Comment

• I wouldn't expect more out of him until he proves that he can thrive in Borges's offense. The spring game was anything but encouraging.

Comment

• They didn't unzip their fly and show everything in the spring game.

Denard is still Denard. Whenever he decides to run, he's going to be a threat to score.

His passing improved from his freshman year to his sophomore year. I believe it will improve from his sophomore year into his junior year.

I love the preseason talk from rags like Athlon, because its always fun to look back and see how wrong they were.

Comment

• Thinking about this, weird bit of perspective...when Joe Paterno coached his first Big10 game he was already 66 years old. Obviously, he's still there. In that span here's how many head coaches the other teams have had.

Iowa: 2
                            Wisconsin: 2
                            Illinois: 3
                            Northwestern: 3
                            Ohio State: 3
                            Purdue: 3
                            Michigan: 4
                            Nebraska: 4
                            Minnesota: 5
                            Indiana: 6
                            Michigan St: 6

Comment

• Was Moeller still coaching when Paterno State came in? That's the only way we've had 4 coaches in that time frame.

I thought Carr was HC when Penn State came in.

Comment

• Nope, Moeller was still coach. 1993 was PSU's first season in the Big10. Carr's first season was 95

Comment

Working...
                                X