No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah yes, Alvarez. Add him to the same pool with Tressel, Ferentz, and anyone else Michigan has a hard time beating. Dirty rotten cheaters one and all

Comment

• Tell me you deny that Alvarez is a dirt ball.

49-14-1
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Always liked Barry. Seems like a good guy. He was very enthusiastic about expansion and the Huskers as well, while Michigan played its traditional role as the stick-in-the-mud

Comment

• You are right .... LC opposed expansion on the basis that it was being done to generate more money for CFB not because it improved CFB for student athletes.

(rolling eyes) Hate that position.

Now, back to Alvarez ..... notorious avoider of games against schools that have winning records against his ...... the originator of cup-cake scheduling in years he did not face both osu, Michigan or both.

You can actually look me in the eyes with a straight face and tell me that Barry Alvarez is not the champion of scheduling that conveniently advances his chances for enough wins to get a BCS bowl?
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well yeah, Barry did tend to like the schedule soft. He's also responsible for turning a moribund program into one that's annually relevant.

And Michigan tried to block Michigan State, tried to block Penn State, tried to block Nebraska, and successfully blocked Notre Dame for decades during a time when the Domers actually wanted IN. I've no doubt Ohio State would've been blocked too except Yost had dragged the too-good-for-the-Western-Conference Wolverines out of the conference for a decade and no longer had a vote.

Comment

• Nebraska was voted in unanimously.

Comment

• Reason M left the Western conference was because the other members made a rule that you couldn't have a 'professional' coach. The coach had to be a professor at the school as well. By the time M rejoined the B10, that rule didn't exist and several other schools had coaches who didn't double as professors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  And Michigan tried to block Michigan State, tried to block Penn State, tried to block Nebraska, and successfully blocked Notre Dame for decades during a time when the Domers actually wanted IN. I've no doubt Ohio State would've been blocked too except Yost had dragged the too-good-for-the-Western-Conference Wolverines out of the conference for a decade and no longer had a vote.
                  This is the biggest piece of revisionist crap I have read in a while ..... grossly out of context and lacking any factual basis whatsoever.

I can't wait to read your history of osu as it relates to tressmess in a few years. And count on it ...... if I see you posting revisionist shit like this that pertains to the adventures of osu and cheater mcsweatervest in the new millennium anywhere, I will find it and hammer it.

But, yeah, you and I agree then, Alvarez is a slippery slime ball.

Comment

• Michigan and the rabid anti-Catholic Fielding Yost refused to play Notre Dame and didn't want them in the conference. You can ask Clash all about it.

As for Michigan not wanting to allow MSU pr Penn State in the conference, that's true also. I'm sure they were drgaged kicking and screaming into giving Nebraska a aunanimous vote. You got your revenge by voting the Huskers out of the AAU. Ask Entropy.

Comment

• The reason for not voting for PSU is because of the 'special considerations' they were asking for in addition to becoming a member, which was to have bye weeks before playing M and/or OSU.

Comment

• Yost wasn't rabid.

If it weren't for Yost, Notre Dame wouldn't have a football team. Notre Dame designed its stadium with Michigan Stadium as its model. Its an exact copy on a smaller scale. Not sure ND would want to build a stadium that actually honors Michigan, if they were rabidly-anti Catholic.

MSU was opposed because, .. well .. they are MSU. They still don't belong in the Big Ten. I'd say CUSA is a better fit for the Spartans, but that's just me.

Michigan is going to have a great rivalry with Nebraska. I predict it will be a friendlier rivalry but still a hotly-contested ballgame. Nebraska fans will feel welcome in Ann Arbor. Moreso than in Columbus. I actually fear for some of our Nebraska friends when they trek to Columbus.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• So what we've established then, and what M fans even acknowledge as true, is that:

1) Fielding Yost was anti-Catholic
                          2) Michigan opposed MSU
                          3) Michigan opposed Penn State
                          4) Michigan left the Big Ten for a time because they wanted to transform the amateur atmosphere of college football into something more "professional"
                          5) Michigan had Nebraska thrown out of the AAU.
                          6) Michigan consistantly voted against letting Notre Dame into the conference.

Michigan = Great conferencemate.

LMAO at the idea that Notre Dame built its stadium as a way to honor Michigan.

Comment

• 1. The entire B10 and most of America was anti-Catholic before the '60's.

2. M didn't want MSU in the B10 for obvious reasons.

3. PSU demanded special considerations to join the B10, only M demanded those considerations out of the terms of them joining.

4. B10 started a rule that didn't allow head coaches that weren't professors, thus attempting to get rid of the conferences most successful coach which they did as M left. This when other college coaches weren't professors at schools M was competing against. By the time M rejoined the B10, that rule wasn't still in place...

5. M voted against Neb's AAU status of which they are a less than desirable member, they are at the very bottom of the B10 in academics.

6. M and many others voted against ND becoming B10 members.

7. Notre Dame built its stadium to look like M's. Its a huge jump to think they did this to honor M.

Comment

• Michigan looks like a "stick in the mud" and everyone else is progressive. Let's invite Pitt to join the conference and we'll see how progressive Penn State looks.

Comment

• 3. PSU demanded special considerations to join the B10, only M demanded those considerations out of the terms of them joining.

Did they get those special considerations? I know they certainly didn't get automatic bye weeks before OSU and Michigan. Michigan still voted NO in the final vote, didn't they? I think Northwestern was the other NO vote?

Comment

Working...
                                X