No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yow ... B1G sucking big today ... even when the conference won ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Any chance Indiana had to make a bowl probably died today...their starting QB, Roberson, broke his leg. Done for the year. Taking a redshirt

Comment

• The B1G is pretty BAD.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          The B1G is pretty BAD.
          Pretty=horrendously

Pretty=atrociously
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Though admittedly a bit self-serving, you guys might want to bounce Purdue up in the BIG...I'd say around #5. That is not to say that it's a boon to the conference.

Comment

• "Any chance Indiana had to make a bowl probably died today...their starting QB, Roberson, broke his leg. Done for the year. Taking a redshirt"

Indiana had no chance even of he didn't break his leg. Indiana's "victory" over UMass is their first Division 1 win in two years and that was over a team hat just moved up to Div 1

Comment

• I'm not convinced Purdue's loss is reflective of improvement by Purdue as it is that ND is once again overrated based on the Navy game. Next two weeks will tell.

Comment

• Big Ten earlier lines for the week. Last week, I was spot-on about the Hoosiers and Ohio State and dreadfully wrong about Vanderbilt and Notre Dame.

Michigan -45' (UMass)
                  Penn State -5' (The Naval Academy)
                  Northwestern -4 (BC)
                  Purdue -23 (Eastern)
                  Ohio State -17' (Cal)
                  Minnesota -3 (Western)
                  Wisconsin -13' (Utah State)
                  Michigan State -3' (Notre Dame)
                  Indiana -3' (Ball State)
                  Nebraska -24 (Arky State)

Illinois plays Charleston Southern and Iowa plays Northern Iowa. One of those games will be close. Heh.

This week, Michigan will cover the number against UMass. I think they'll score 56 points, at least, giving the plucky punter coverage for 1 bullshit defensive gaffe. I also would take BC and the points and Notre Dame and the points. Finally, it's worth noting the really low lines against the likes of Western (who is a decent team), Utah State and Ball State. Not good.

As for Ohio State, they opened at 13' and have shot up to 17'. I think that's right. I like Ohio State to cover with modest ease. I'm not sure if they'll be backdoor proof in the late 4th, so I'm not sure that I love the play, but I do think OSU will win handily. Honestly, I think UCF is a better team than Cal.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Take UMass +45. To cover that, we probably have to score 65.

Comment

• I love your pessimism, Hanni, but there's no way UMass is scoring 20.

Comment

• We'll see.

UMass scored 37 on us in 2010, and it's hard for me to say that their team was better then than it is now (only ended up 6-4 in I-AA). Our defense is pretty close to being that bad again.

Comment

• Wisky has fired their O-line coach after two games. Wow.

Comment

• I know. I love it. Unfortunately, the game in Corvalis was almost too horrific for me to actually enjoy watching, but it was still fun to watch Wisky try to move the ball.

Try developing your own f'n QB, assclowns. And enjoy Maryland's retread for the season!

Comment

• I might take Purdue at -23 with Eastern. The Hurons have been improving.

I agree that Michigan might not cover the -45, but it will be because Hoke calls off the dogs early. He's got ND coming up the following week and he's going to need all his top personnel healthy. No need to risk a freak injury in a game that's been decided. Hoke has never been a "run 'em up" guy anyway.

Agree regarding Wisky developing their own QB.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• An all-frosh front seven for most of the second half, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X