No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll go with Lane Kiffin and USC are bad for 800, Alex.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Weekly Grades

Illinois vs. Arkansas State: C+
      The Illini started slow and their defense was a sieve early on. But they managed to rack up a lot of yards of their own and Scheelhaase had a good game.
      Next Week: South Dakota State. They should roll.

Indiana vs. Ball State: F
      Coach Kevin Wilson's debut is a dud as the Cardinals win their second in a row over the Hoosiers. Indiana used a no-huddle offense for almost the entire game but didn't show much of a run game.
      Next week: Virginia. Hoosiers fall to 0-2.

Iowa vs. Tennessee Tech: B-
      Iowa overwhelmed Tennessee Tech for the most part in one of the day's rain-delayed games. Difficult to tell much about them from this game but they gave up more yards than they would have liked.
      Next week: at Iowa State. The Clones were lucky to beat Northern Iowa last week; Iowa makes it 3 in a row.

Michigan vs. Western Michigan: B-
      Rain-shortened game but the M defense still looks stinko.
      Next week: Notre Dame. Brian Kelly is the angriest man in the world and will not allow Michigan three straight wins in the series.

Michigan State vs. Youngstown State: C-
      Sparty was not in serious danger of losing this game but they looked very anemic and dull, dull, dull. In the Legends Division, I thought they gave the poorest effort this weekend.
      Next week: Florida Atlantic. The Owls have given Sparty a good game twice but I don't think they have much this year.

Minnesota at USC: B
      The Gophers maybe gave the surprise performance of the weekend in nearly upsetting USC in L.A. Tailback U put up a mere 67 yards on Goldie. Too early to say, but Kill may have the program on the right track.
      Next week: New Mexico State. They stink

Nebraska vs. Chattanooga: A
      Nebraska played a sorry team and had no problem kicking their butts in their debut in the Big10. Doubts about Tayolor Martinez maybe linger?
      Next week: Fresno State. Huskerz win again

Northwestern at Boston College: A-
      Didn't play great but they overcame the loss of Persa to beat a bowl team on the road. Defense looks like it will be an issue because if a vanilla offense like BC can have its way with you...
      Next week: Eastern Illinois. NfW really now has 4 weeks to get Persa healthy for the Big10 opener against Illinois.

Ohio State vs. Akron: A
      It was a conservative offense without many big plays, but the Buckeyes more or less did as they pleased and held a bad team to under 100 yards. Without 8 or 9 of their starters.
      Next week: Toledo. From a bad MAC team to a good one. The defense will be more challenged.

Penn State vs. Indiana State: C+
      Sycamores are a bad teamand PSU routed them, but they looked MSU-like in doing so. Lots of concerns about the quarterbacks.
      Next week: Alabama. Woof

Purdue vs. Middle Tennessee: D+
      They rallied to win but Purdue has issues.
      Next week: at Rice. Dangerous game for Purdue, IMO

Wisconsin vs. UNLV: A
      Only flaw may have been the defense. Otherwise, Wisconsin looked like the most complete offense in the Big10.
      Next week: Oregon State. Considering the Beavers lost to a FCS team yesterday, Wisky certainly ought to win.

Comment

• DSL, I am gonna have to give you an "F -" ! Did you actually WATCH any of these games?

Frankly Akron & Chattanooga should never be allowed to field a football team, yet you gave the highest marks to the masterful effort displayed by Nebraska & OSU against such "formidable foes"? Homerism to no end. :(

Revise, resubmit. PS you should be ashamed of your ARBITRARY AND CAPRICIOUS behavior.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 4, 2011, 09:17 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah those "weekly grades" suck. Keep your day job.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I am sorry you gentlemen do not approve. Nebraska and OSU did what they should to an overmatched foe. Michigan hardly played someone much better and their defense looked nearly as bad as the last three years. I am sorry Michigan's defense will suck once again, but please don't take it out on me and my insightful grades.

Comment

• Rain-shortened game but the M defense still looks stinko.

Is this from a buckeye board?

Thought so.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Has nothing to do with the Mich grade. Defense was shaky, no doubt. It's just your "insights"/summaries need a lot of work, bud. Take this as constructive criticism.

You would have been better off copying and pasting something off ESPN or CBS Sportsline or something. There's always next time, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Rain-shortened game but the M defense still looks stinko.

Is this from a buckeye board?

Thought so.
                  Nope, wrote it myself. And Michigan's defense was bad, as per usual. Are people really taking issue with that statement?? People think the defense did well??

WMU is the second to worst team Michigan will see all year and they moved the ball at will on multiple drives. Have we learned nothing from Michigan's flashy starts the past 2 seasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                    Has nothing to do with the Mich grade. Defense was shaky, no doubt. It's just your "insights"/summaries need a lot of work, bud. Take this as constructive criticism.

You would have been better off copying and pasting something off ESPN or CBS Sportsline or something. There's always next time, though.
                    Not looking to start a journalistic career. Just my opinions and takeaways from what I saw of several games.

Comment

• Dude I'm just pulling your chain because you're a Buckeye. I really don't have any problems with your grades.

Comment

• I would not give Nebraska an A. Sloppy performance
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Strangelove enjoys reading what other people say about the games, then issuing his "grades". Outside of OLieO's game, I doubt that he watched any of them.

I hope all remaining Michigan opponents believe you, though. It will be a lot easier to prepare for them if they all believe the defense is "stinko".
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well sure, I doubt anyone watches every minute of all twelve games.

I watched plenty of Michigan's game. We go through this song and dance every year. Michigan plays some bad teams, Robinson looks "good", leaving Michigan Men convinced that "Michigan is back". Anyone who is objective came away from that game with the conclusion that Michigan's defense remains porous.

What I say on a forum has no impact on how teams prepare. Michigan gave up 275 yards to WMU, the 11th best team on the schedule, in less than 3 quarters of play. Solid performance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              I watched plenty of Michigan's game. We go through this song and dance every year. Michigan plays some bad teams, Robinson looks "good", leaving Michigan Men convinced that "Michigan is back". Anyone who is objective came away from that game with the conclusion that Michigan's defense remains porous.
                              Shouldn't you be in a Buckeye forum somewhere

Comment

• And Michigan's defense was bad, ......

By what standard?

Michigan has moved from 110th in total defense in 2010 to 34th. They held WMU to under 5 yards per play ..... last year M was giving up over 7 yards per play. That is huge statistically.

M gave up 279 yards (< 100 rushing) to WMU just about 2/3 of what M gave up to UCONN (a BCS bowl teanm) in its opener one year ago (397y).

While its true its one game for 2011 versus a record of abysmal defense in 12 games in 2012, its a hell of a step up.

Before you open your mouth, it might help if you took a look at what's out there for anyone to see ..... like the facts.

Am I giddy? No. Its a long season, Shit happens. But M embarks on the season free of scandal and question marks about its conduct as a CFB program.

The bucks? Everyone has questions about this team and its players.

Comment

Working...
                                X