No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Mich vs KSU it all boils down to how well the OL blocks.

Keep Shane healthy, open up some running lanes, and we got a chance.

If not, its going to be a long night.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's going to be a long night on offense unless the offensive line grew up since November. Defensively, I like how M matches up with KSU. Offense just can't give up short fields.

Comment

• Happy New Year, all

The meltdown on Penn State boards is fun reading this morning.

Comment

• I'm a little disappointed at the lack of commitment from O'Brien. In his case he came into a situation with a program on life support and just when it stabilized some he's bailing out.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Can't blame him a bit. He's an NFL head coach of a team with the #1 overall pick and a good defense. He's at the pinnacle of his profession.

Comment

• And he knows better than anyone that Penn State is headed for about 3-4 years of severe suckitude ...

His value to the NFL is at its best right now.

Comment

• I'm just old fashioned. I think when you sign a contract it should mean something. I don't agree with buyout clauses to allow people to cut and run. Petrino in particular comes to mind. It's the old involved versus committed deal.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• And he knows better than anyone that Penn State is headed for about 3-4 years of severe suckitude ...
                  And it's his job to turn it around! Not bail on the kids he recruited!

Coach to prospect: Come to the U with me, we're building something special there.

Coach to prospect a year later: Adios dude! You're on your own!

Comment

• I agree.

I think it should be both difficult and costly to break a contract and move on.

And I'd even add in "retiring" for a year or two, then signing on with another team. If you "retire", then sign with another team during the time that you were originally signed for, it should cost both parties some money.

Comment

• And it's his job to turn it around! Not bail on the kids he recruited!
                      You're preaching to the choir with me, Tony. I agree completely. O'Brien talked a big game for 2 years, now he's bailing on those kids he recruited so he can have a bigger/better deal in the NFL. Its not right, nor is it fair to those kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        I agree.

I think it should be both difficult and costly to break a contract and move on.

And I'd even add in "retiring" for a year or two, then signing on with another team. If you "retire", then sign with another team during the time that you were originally signed for, it should cost both parties some money.
                        I agree and would add the NCAA or what ever org takes charge, should level sanction on the individual that stick with them. You screw up at your former post, then it comes to light when you are at the new gig, well you get some smack laid on you there. It should be about personal accountability

Comment

• Well, another sucky bowl season, though Michigan has put in the only embarrassing performance so far

Comment

• With the sanctions being lessened, PSU is headed for mediocrity for a few years instead of suckitude. [obviously] Their next head coach will have a good bit of influence on their trajectory.

Comment

• Wisky had their chances. Iowa was playing not to get routed. LSU was that much better
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• And the big needs to drop one more Florida bowl game vs the sec from their options.
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X