No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purdue has their FG try blocked to end the game. No escape for them this week

Comment

• I picked Rice in Talent's pool. PurDon't didn't impress me last week. I didn't think much of them on the road this week.

On another subject, I hope Minnesota's coach Jerry Kill is okay.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Supposedly he is seizure prone due to his kidney cancer in 2005. Doctors say he just got too dehydrated and they think he will be ok.

This is actually the 3rd time he has had a seizure during a game.

Comment

• The Big Ten is awful.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, the top two teams are Nebraska and Wisconsin, and I think both of them will fare well in the post season.

After that, its a toss-up. Its a mixed-bag of teams that could do well in the post season if they get fair match ups in their bowl games.

Comment

• I like MSU, we'll see them play a decent opponent finally next week.

Comment

• Nebraska is not that good. Fresno tourvhed nebraska's d and the o is hit and miss. If UNL is the second best test, the BIG is on par with the big east.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• This does appear to be a down year for the BIG.

Comment

• Wisconsin is going to kick our ass.

Comment

• They'll kick a lot of teams asses, agree its a down year for the B10.

Comment

• If this were an up year for the B10, I think Ohio State is looking at 1999 type awfulness. As it is, I think it may be even worse than 2004, so 9-3 is still very much a possibility -- and they're probably one upset of Wisky away from the CCG.

But make no mistake, the B10 is a giant bag of suck. Shameful, really.

Comment

• It certainly looks that way. It occurred to me while watching 'Bama-PSU last night that the talent gap between the SEC and the Big Ten has probably never been greater. That was basically 'Bama's first string against their second string. The chasm seems to be widening.l

Comment

• I thought Penn State's defense played well, but they had no prayer on offense.

My two biggest bets yesterday were Alabama -10 and Penn State to score less than 16.5. There was no way that offense was going to do shit against Bama.

Comment

• Penn State needs a head coach. They are being run by committee right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                I thought Penn State's defense played well, but they had no prayer on offense.
                                They played solid, but every time Alabama had the ball, the athleticism difference was still obvious. The skill players that 'Bama has are incredible. No team in the Big Ten has a set like that. But it didn't used to be that way. At one time, Michigan, Penn State, and OSU all had big RBs who were fast for their size, big fast receivers with great hands, and overpowering tight ends. You just don't see it anymore. Big Ten teams in the rivals Top 10 seem to be a big rarity nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X