No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Big Ten head coach has already been fired before the season even started. I'm thinking Kyle Flood might make the start of the season, but he probably won't make it to the end.

Comment

• Man, that's ugly.

If somebody inside Rutgers with the power to do it connects the dots, Flood is toast.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• and Minnesota is having complications with their AD I think.

If Purdue has another 3-9 or worse season, you might see major change (AD Morgan and HC Hazell). The attendance #'s have potential to be embarrassing if my Boilermakers start off 0-1. Purdue needs to get the bandwagon goin.

With that said, I don't see that happening. Purdue's floor this season is 5 wins if Appleby doesn't get injured. 7 max.
        Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 3, 2015, 04:47 PM.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Indiana probably fires Wilson (who is a total asshole) if they fail to make a bowl game. Local paper reports that IU's best chance to turn a predicted "loss' into a "win" is their game with UM. Ghengis John posted how far the program has fallen when people are predicting a tough game and potential loss with Minn. Predicting a potential loss to Indiana? a team that UM has lost to exactly once since I started as a season ticket holder in 1968! We have become the Rodney Dangerfield of college football.

Comment

• Football season brings the return of..Dramatic Chipmunk!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...posing-kickers

Comment

• Not as interesting as Dramatic Chipmunk but the Gophers look to be a very tough test for the Wolverines when they play. The Horned Frogs aren't the #2 team in the nation but they are a good bet to play in a major bowl and compete for the Big XII...

Gophers should fight for the B1G West crown but has the crossover schedule of playing M and Ohio State. Wisky doesn't appear to be their usual self but they are probably a slight favorite having a cupcake B1G East schedule of Rutgers and Maryland.

Comment

• Minn has at least one "cupcake" team in their crossover schedule. When is the next time we play them? Won't that result in the longest tenure of the little brown jug in Minneapolis?

Comment

• Northwestern looks pretty good in leading at the half vs. Stanford
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                    Northwestern looks pretty good in leading at the half vs. Stanford
                    Yea, look very good.
                    I put $105 on NW (-11), so I'm happy right now haha.

Hogan and Stanford were suppose to be REALLY good on offense this season with most of their starters returning (excluding Ty Montgomery and Andrus Peat).
                    Only 3 points vs NW?
                    Yes, NW returns most of their 2014 defense.... BUT it's NW!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• and I've been watching since 1pm, seems like Stanford has been called for 3+ offside penalties.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Stanford hasn't been able to run the ball either.

Where have we heard that before?
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Northwestern beats Stanford handily. Completely dominated the line of scrimmage and shut down Stanford's offense. Which is the offense that we will be running with an offensive line and a QB who are much worse.

Comment

• The much-maligned West looking pretty deep right now. Maybe no great teams but quite a few decent ones

Comment

• Harbaugh's impact wearing off on the Stanford program now? (who recruited most of the players for Stanford's PAC12 championship teams)?
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Let's go with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X