Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Yep, they're still getting used to #2 status in the state

Better week overall for the conf. Only Maryland and Rutgers lost. Rutgers at least had the decency to make it close and lose to a P5 team. Sparty, Michigan, and Iowa picked up P5 wins. Minnesota squeaked by a decent Colorado State team on the road. Almost everyone else steamrolled their bad opponents.
    The final score is lopsided, but IU (vs FIU) and Purdue (vs Indiana St) were close games at a late point in both of their home games.

I think FIU was winning 22-19 vs IU in the 4th.
    Purdue, I haven't watched their game yet (I will, it's recorded), but it was 24-14 Purdue at one point in the 3rd.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Some discussion on football operations happening on Twitter. Thought this was interesting... Current state: @swmckewonOWH: I've covered 2 games at Michigan and left unimpressed with the whole operation both times. Michigan State on the other hand? Run like pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• JH had more to solve than just on field performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• What elements he talking about?

Comment

• Hazell's done. Purdue a disgrace on that final drive

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Hazell's done. Purdue a disgrace on that final drive
              Right now, it's an embarrassment.
              Hazell's buyout is huge for Purdue standards unfortunately.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Everyone should already know this, but I find it interesting how dominate the SEC is at recruiting and coaching compared to the B10 except for Ohio State.
                Yes, Michigan State has been good recently. They have an elite head coach and decent recruiting over the last 5 years. What is MSU going to do if they get their 5 year recruiting average to top 15?
                Michigan will trend up as well over the next few years because they have an elite head coach now and can combine that with great recruiting.

Last 5 years of recruiting ranking according to SB Nation:

1st - Alabama
                4th - Ohio State
                5th - LSU
                6th - Georgia
                7th - Auburn
                8th - Florida
                11th - Michigan
                13th - Tennessee
                18th - Texas A&M
                20th - South Carolina
                21st - Ole Miss
                23rd - Nebraska
                24th - Michigan St
                27th - Penn St
                29th - Mississippi State
                30th - Mizzu
                31st - Kentucky
                33rd - Arkansas
                36th - Wisconsin
                40th - Vanderbilt
                43rd - Maryland
                44th - Northwestern
                48th - Rutgers
                50th - Iowa
                54th - Illinois
                55th - IU
                61st - Purdue
                65th - Minnesota
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Take M off that list once Harbaugh leaves after this year.

Comment

• Yeah, poor Harbaugh.

When he goes to bed at night, he dreams of how wonderful its going to be, living in Indianapolis, and coaching Andrew Luck again.

And the thought of working for Robert Irsay must make him sleep well too ...

:-)
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Take M off that list once Harbaugh leaves after this year.
                      Yea, like I said before, IMO there is a small probability Harbaugh leaves Michigan.
                      The only person that knows anything is Harbaugh. Therefore a (small) risk should be accounted for.
                      Harbaugh has left twice for a better job.
                      It's hard to say if Harbaugh preferred Michigan over the NFL when the only opening was Oakland.
                      What if Irsay gives Harbaugh full control over Indy.
                      We don't know enough information to say Harbaugh won't leave Michigan this offseason.

I don't think Harbaugh will leave... It's very unlikely, but there is a small chance he does.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think there is NO chance he leaves.

All the reasons for going to the NFL were the same before he chose to come to Michigan.

With the Bears, they were "his former team", .. and he "loved Ditka and the fans", ... and "the Bears were going to offer him 40 Gabillion dollars a year" ... etc ... etc..

Same with Oakland.... "he used to coach for them" ... "Charles Woodson is there"...."the Davis Family money can make him an offer he can't refuse" ... etc... etc...

Now, with Indy .. "he can't wait to coach Andrew Luck again" ... "he wants to win a Super Bowl'..... "they're going to offer him 60 Gabillion dollars a year" ... etc... etc... etc..

I have a friend (Michigan fan) who is absolutely convinced that the Colts will steal him away at the end of the year. I laughed in his face too ....

Comment

• "We don't know enough information to say Harbaugh won't leave Michigan this offseason."

Take my bet, Idiot

Comment

• We don't know enough information to say Harbaugh won't leave Michigan this offseason
                            Cody, .. if you've listened to the man at all since he's arrived here, you know he's not going to leave.

He's.... not .... leaving.

And, I'll offer you the same bet as Stan, but when I win, you have to buy me $20 worth of Diet Pepsi.

Yes?

Comment

• Gee Cody I'll even change my bet for you and you only. Harbaugh is here next year you buy me a nice bottle of Chardoney.

Comment

• Just to put an end to the silliness of Harbaugh to Indy, I'll add, I think Harbaugh will be at M until M wins an NC and probably a few years after that if and when that happens. That could happen in 2 years, it could take 10.

The point is that JH is pretty much done with the NFL for right now. He wants to raise his kids in AA, he wants the steadiness of life in AA, he loves to coach and if you really want to coach, you coach college players. That's probably where you get the most from your efforts.

So, this Harbaugh to Indy stuff from the sports press is about as stupid if not more so than Harbaugh is not leaving the NFL for Michigan. It demonstrates the extreme lack of homework by today's sports journalists along with thier complete lack of connection to the subjects they comment and report on. They're in their own little world of one-ups-manship and it has pretty much made listening to them useless if you want to know the true sports stories.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 27, 2015, 09:35 AM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X