No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's really bad now that these conferences are huge colossal entities.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Wisky loses its DC to LSU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Wow...USC fans thought they had him locked up

Comment

AA... Which conference travels the farthest distance for bowl games? The least? All in your opinion...

You don't need an opinion, you can tally the schools and the miles they travel. This would be simple math.

It doesnt matter for the players. Can cost the fans a bit more. Stanford fans have an easier drive to the Rose than Iowa fans. Flights can cost a bit more.

Why?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          SEC Opponents (84-37, .694)
          Michigan State (12-1) #3
          Northwestern (10-2) #13
          Michigan (9-3) #14
          Oklahoma State (10-2) #16
          Memphis (9-3)
          Louisville (7-5)
          NC State (7-5)
          Penn State (7-5)
          Texas Tech (7-5)
          Kansas State (6-6)

Big10 Opponents (90-34, .726)
          Alabama (12-1) #2
          Stanford (11-2) #6
          Notre Dame (10-2) #8
          Florida (10-3) #19
          Tennessee (8-4) #23
          USC (8-5) #25
          Georgia (9-3)
          UCLA (8-4)
          Duke (7-5)
          Central Michigan (7-5)
          69% to 72%? Shocking...egregious...

lol
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            We got Memphis (which isn't a horrible team) for 6-6 Auburn.

We got 7-win Texas Tech against 8-win LSU. Mismatch? I guess. LSU has struggled this year. Depended which Tigers showed up.

We got Kansas State for a very up and down Arkie team. Again, mismatch? I guess.
            Memphis was once quite good but they fell apart in the last 3rd of the season after Navy kicked their ass.

Texas Tech? C'mon...easily the worst defense in the major conferences since Kingsbury took over vs. one of the game's best running backs?

Comment

You don't need an opinion, you can tally the schools and the miles they travel. This would be simple math.

It doesnt matter for the players. Can cost the fans a bit more. Stanford fans have an easier drive to the Rose than Iowa fans. Flights can cost a bit more.

Why?

Just curious... And comparing people's opinions.

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

69% to 72%? Shocking...egregious...

lol

No difference in other words... Big seemed happy to be in bowls this year. Is what it is...

Comment

• Simply: SEC > B10 at football.
                  I think the SEC brings in more money across the board (???), they recruit a lot better overall, and their coaches are a lot better (depth).
                  I'd like to know the mean of how much B10 coaches make vs SEC coaches ... Also the average of 5 year recruiting.

That's fine... B10 >>> SEC at basketball minus Kentucky.
                  Of course there is also academics.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• A friend did the work, but the SEC funds fewer sports focusing more $$$ on football (asst coaching salaries) than the BiG.. BIG spreads the money over more sports.

Comment

• Nebraska is actually built more like an SEC or Big8 school in that regard, btw..

Comment

Just curious... And comparing people's opinions.

Who traveled further this year is not an opinion. It's simple math.

Although, the difference, for example, in the Cotton isn't as great as you'd think. The flights from Tuscaloosa to Dallas, I would assume are similar in price as the tix from EL to Dallas. Closer drive from Tuscaloosa, but only hobos would drive because that road trip would be a horrible slog.

Comment

A friend did the work, but the SEC funds fewer sports focusing more $$$ on football (asst coaching salaries) than the BiG.. BIG spreads the money over more sports.

Alabama football is self-sufficient and funds the majority of the non-revenue sports.

Comment

• Aa... Most football does.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Arguments about conferences are tiresome. One of the worst things about college football.
                              Fucking THANK YOU!! The worst argument in sports, even ahead of who is ELITE

Comment

• That one sucks as well. The king of bad arguments is what is and what isn't a sport. So stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X