No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoke manages to talk first about beer and hot dogs in this interview. After giving up 28 points, 308 yards passing and a shade under that in the running game does any of these excuses sound familiar:

First thing he talks about is coney dogs and beer, im sure he didn't give up Friday pizza night.

The Wayne Fontes of college football.

Brady Hoke, fall training camp was a picnic.With Hoke On the first day of camp, the players would check into the Four Points Sheraton hotel south of U-M’s camps for their seclusion and were driven to Schembechler Hall every day. “We used to live in luxury,” U-M senior offensive lineman Kyle Kalis

When Harbaugh arrived last year, things changed.

The players began bunking in the dorms on campus, giving more of a bare bones feel.
    “Coach Harbaugh, he stayed in the dorms when he played here,” Kalis said. “A lot with Coach Harbaugh, what he tries to teach us and try to instill into us, the way Bo (Schembechler) did it. Dorms and no air conditioning is part of it. That definitely hardened us up.

Comment

• That is slanderous to Wayne Fontes.

Comment

• I love Gus Johnson but I can understand how he might be annoying.

Comment

• He doesn't get near as excited over nothing as he used to. Not even close.

Comment

• Maybe, but he is still terrible. I don't need a play by play guy screaming a players name over and over during a play (A Screamin' Gus standard)

Chris Fowler is following in his footsteps. His voice turns into a guttural growl of false excitement on big plays. He is terrible, too.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Terrible as in fucking awesome.

Comment

• You listen to Gus, but you can't hear him.

Comment

• Thank you to Hannibal for bringing Screaming Gus into the conversation.

This allowed me another venue in my quest to spread Gus Johnson hate throughout all of the interwebs
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Falling on deaf ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Falling on deaf ears.

Deafened by Gus's screams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Yeah!

Comment

• I'll have you know, he was inducted into the Catholic League HOF at the same time as my friend was.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            Yeah!

LOL, I actually like him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Well, we know it wasn't the sportscasting hall of fame...

[ame]https://youtu.be/9CdVTCDdEwI[/ame]

Comment

• Just don't have him call Soccer again. What a disaster that was.

Comment

Working...
                                X