No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're getting Taco back too, supposedly.

Comment

• Yeah, well, marginal value and all, Lewis is way more important. And, he's elite.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Isnt there a thread dedicated to this stuff already? Dont really need it bleeding over into the other ones imo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hoss thread-shaming Entropy. Team Husker in disarray ahead of looming trip to Evanston.

Comment

• Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• %^&%*&^%&#$&
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• entropy is that guy who is playing two-handed with his phone at the urinal, and pissing all over the place.

:-D

Comment

• In case you guys want your PURDUE update (not likely):
                  Purdue is up 17-14 over Nevada to start the 4th quarter.
                  Purdue has been able to move the ball at will vs Nevada, but has turned it over 4 times.
                  ... 3 fumbles, 2 turnovers inside the Nevada 10 yard line. 4-0 turnover advantage for Nevada.

Due to how Darrell Hazzel came from the Jim Tressel coaching tree, I thought they were suppose to protect the damn ball
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Might need to take Wisky seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Retract what i said about Iowa. They might really be shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Retract what i said about Iowa. They might really be shit

They should be much better... Chemistry issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If you picked Purdue -4, lol close one.
                          2-1, Rose Bowl baby!

Meanwhile, Iowa and Rutgers still close
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Indiana has outgained WF by more than 100 yards but has 4 turnovers and is losing 24-7

Comment

• Was wondering why Indiana's QB had 300+ yards passing and they were behind big.

Comment

• Following up 3-7 shitfest with 6-1 effort. Misjudged the Wisky-Sparty game, but still took the points. And totally misjudged Iowa-Rutgers. But, otherwise, a shockingly good read on the other 6. 15-10 on the season. It's time for me to pull a Constanza and quit!

Michigan (-19) vs. Penn State. Line opened at 16 and is steaming toward 21. It'd have to get to 28 before I'd even consider not backing M. Both teams play roughly the same way. One team has the best coaching staff in CFB and a massive talent advantage. I think M wins by 31.

Iowa (-12') at Rutgers. Rutgers covered the number last week at home against the mighty Lobos. After falling behind by 21. And due mostly to Janarion Grant on ST. Iowa played a far better team last week. I expect a methodical beatdown and will return to first principles--fade Rutgers.

Indiana (-7') vs Wake Forest. I lost a similar ACC-B10 Matchup of Fecality last week. I'm stubbornly going to take the points again in this titantic battle of unbeatens. Wake me up before you go go!

Minnesota (-17) vs Colorado State. CSU has sort of regrouped after getting asswailed by the Buffs. The Goofers come off a bye week. Surely you don't want to give that braintrust a whole extra week to prepare....they might figure out how to run more than 1 play from 1 with 20 seconds left! In any event, the Goofers have played 8 non-conference games at home since 2014. They have won by more than 17 twice -- against two FCS schools. They failed to beat 17 against the likes of Akron, Ohio, San Jose and the Mighty Beaver. Colorado State is poo, but that, in no way, disqualifies them from hanging within 17 of the Goofers. I'll back the suckass Rams.

Michigan State (-5) vs Wisconsin. Opened at 6. I love MSU as a dog. DISRESPECT! MSU as a favorite is less appealing. MSU looked really good beating ND and Wisky looked like vomit against Georgia State. Yet, the line is less than TD and dropping. Discounting for homefield, bettors think it's a 2ish point game. I tend to agree. I expect quarterback play that will make the Ghost of Bill Walsh weep. I expect running attacks that will make the ghost of Woody Hayes smile. If the flying wedge were still legal, I'd expect it every play. So, yeah, I'll take the Badgers and the points in this one. I'll say 16-13 either way.

Nebraska (-7') at Evanston High. Opened at 6. This series has been really close since UNL nutted up a joined the big boys. The only blowout was two years ago by UNL at Evanston in front of 22,000 strong. I just can't get past how fucking awful NW's offense is. It's possible -- even likely -- that Tommie and the UNL offense get sucked into the Evanston vortex of suck that frequently reduces otherwise competent teams to eye-bleedingly awful shells of themselves. But even so, if they can muster 20 I think they cover. So, I'll go against the overall trend and back UNL to win by 14 or more.

Purdue (-6) vs Nevada. I saved this for last hoping basic human decency would prevail and the game would cancelled and, hopefully, both programs banned from fielding football teams for the remainder of the season. Purdue has won 7 games in the past 3 seasons, but all 7 wins have been by 6 or more (6 have been by 9 or more), including last year's 10 point humiliation of the Corn People. God, why am I backing them. Anywho, the point is that when Purdue wins, they do so IN STYLE!!!!! I'll back the Boilers to win and go with the trend that they'll do so IN STYLE!!! In so doing, I'm shitting on first principles -- always fade the Boiler. Dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X