Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicely done.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Near 80 percent, ha, it's the one game where the seats will be filled!

Comment

• Ha, Penn St has out gained Iowa 221-54, but is losing. 7-5 half time score.
        Iowa night games... always tough.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Ha, Penn St has out gained Iowa 221-54, but is losing. 7-5 half time score.
          Iowa night games... always tough.
          15 - 7 now.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Iowa blocks FG gets the ball back less than 3 minutes, only down 2

Comment

• TD Iowa 20-15 1:42 left PSU gets the ball one last time

Comment

• I thought Iowa would bleed the clock down and kick the FG once they got the ball back after that FG block. In a game like this, you'd think that touchdown would do it, but this might be the one Big 10 offense that can go the length of the field to beat Iowa in Iowa City.

Comment

• Penn State OL needing to hold on every pass attempt.

Comment

• Iowa scored too quickly..

Comment

• That was a small window, McSorley

Comment

• It's been obvious for 2+ years but it still needs to be said, Barkley is great. Fantastic ending.

Comment

• The end of that game - PSU's last possession - should remind coaches why playing a soft zone with 2-hi Ss to protect a lead in the closing minutes of a game is going to lose you more games than it is going to win them.

Ferentz's choice to do that v McSorely and Barkely was dumb and Iowa got exactly what they deserved ... a loss. I feel bad for the Iowa players.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            The end of that game - PSU's last possession - should remind coaches why playing a soft zone with 2-hi Ss to protect a lead in the closing minutes of a game is going to lose you more games than it is going to win them.

Ferentz's choice to do that v McSorely and Barkely was dumb and Iowa got exactly what they deserved ... a loss. I feel bad for the Iowa players.
                            It seems that way, but I wonder if we have good data...if it was effective, say 80% of the time, would we notice? Or would we overvalue the 20% of instances where doesn't?

I don't think coaches put that much thought into it, FWIW.

Comment

• Agree with your point on the data.......Iowa staff should have been influenced by the 500y mcsorely and Barkely had already put up on Iowa's bend don't break soft approach.

I'd take the chance with heavy pressure on first down, get PSU off schedule and go from there. The way it was played, PSU had it's way with play calls. Made it easy for them. With Franklin, you make him think, he'll fuck it up.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lots of yards...but only 15 points given up. (13, really) Hard to argue against those results, especially when State Penn had to score a TD.

Comment

Working...
                                X