No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...but Herbie said yesterday the PSU is doing great on the recruiting trail!?

Comment

• The guy supposedly hasn't done an in-home visit since Terrelle Pryor.

I wish I could find the article and pic, but I read where joepa skypes one on one with recruits over his laptop. This guy is so ahead of his time. ;)

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder if PSU has the whole "Weekend at Bernie's" thing going on with JoePa!

Comment

• U has the whole "Weekend at Bernie's" thing

I was thinking the same thing when they showed william clay ford on the mnf game sitting up in his booth.

Comment

• He's been brain dead for years.

Comment

• In a letter addressed to all "UW Student Season Ticket Holders," University of Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez and Head Football Coach Bret Bielema were sure to point out that "singing 'Buttercup' and 'Sweet Caroline' [during the Nebraska game] was fantastic." Which it surely was.

Wisconsin Would Prefer Its Student Season-Ticket Holders Knock It Off With The Vulgar Chants

In a letter addressed to all "UW Student Season Ticket Holders," University of Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez and Head Football Coach Bret Bielema were sure to point out that "singing 'Buttercup' and 'Sweet Caroline' [during the Nebraska game] was fantastic." Which it surely was.

But in this context, it was a total correspondence bait-and-switch, for Barry and Bret are not very happy with some student fans after all.

In reply to:

We are asking you to end the vulgar chants at our home football games. We'd like to share some of the correspondence we receive throughout the football season from not only visiting fans, but your fellow Badger fans as well:

"This past Saturday, my son and I attended our first Badger game at Camp Randall. All in all, it was great fun; however, one thing surprised and disturbed me. During the course of the game, the student body was led in a very obscene cheer consisting of echoing "Eat s—-" and "F——you". I was pretty appalled considering that not all the spectators were 18 years or older. It was not the sort of thing children should be hearing."

... There are many more. We think you are more creative than this. We believe you want to represent yourselves, your university and the football program in a classier manner than this. We believe you can have a great time at Camp Randall without chanting four-letter words.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sounds like Wisconsin Football has turned into Michigan hockey......

Comment

• There are two reasons I'm not going to renew my Rivals subscription in December when mine runs out this year. Here is one of them:

U-M X-Factor - Linebacker Kenny Demens: The redshirt junior linebacker had, arguably, his best game of the season in last week's win over Northwestern, recording 10 tackles, including a sack.

Demens was +5.5 and -9.5 for a total -4 on Brian's UFR. Not that he is the be all-end all of post game analyzers but he's damn good and breaks down the plays so you can see why Demens did good or bad. He was mostly bad (out of character). He was terrible flowing to edges and could not get off of basic blocks - bad. He matches up much better with teams that run between the tackles like MSU does. So, he's probably going to have a good game against MSU but not because he was earth shatteringly good against NU. He wasn't.

The second reason is because the board, which used to be good if you looked for the reliable posters and not the children who hang out there, has gotten terrible. Every other post concerns someone asking about job or work advise or girl friend problems.

Enough. This is a football board.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Back when men were men, I remember men in the crowd taking the lead in shutting down the vulgar stuff when I was a little boy in Tiger Stadium for a Lions/Browns game. Men still respected the presence of women and children and told the offenders to knock it off.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm in the same boat, Jeff. I'm not going to renew my subscription to Rivals/The Wolverine; been there for about 8 of the last 9 years, 1 year too many at scout. Loss of Josh was big (he was the very best and most connected insider at The Wolverine, the others are mostly beat writers who might have some contacts/inside information from time to time), lack of moderation on their forums is big and them pretending to know stuff when they don't is big...

Even when they know inside information (which were paying for), they often times delay releasing the information... A good example of the above is the Marvin Robinson concussion info, they had no more idea what was going on (allowing nearly a dozen discussions about Marvin Robinson transferring) till we did but they pretended to know something but wouldn't divulge it till later...

All the Lions, Tigers & Red Wings discussion makes it a difficult forum to read. Their insider stories are pretty well written and they do have good quality writers but I just don't feel I'm getting my monies worth when mgoblog has similar content free. Not to mention, it takes about 15 minutes for insider information to go from rivals/scout to mgoblog.

Comment

• The Big Ten and its television partners have finalized kickoff times and TV plans for four of the six games on Oct. 29.

Here's what we know:

NOON ET
                        Purdue at Michigan, ESPN or ESPN2*
                        Northwestern at Indiana, Big Ten Network
                        3:30 P.M. ET
                        Iowa at Minnesota, Big Ten Network
                        8 P.M. ET
                        Wisconsin at Ohio State, ABC or ESPN or ESPN2*

*-Final plans determined after Oct. 22 games

The kick times and TV plans for the Illinois-Penn State and Michigan State-Nebraska games will be determined after the Oct. 22 games. One game will kick off at noon ET and appear on ESPN or ESPN2; the other will kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET and be televised by ABC.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I hope that we're on ESPN for that Purdue game, because if we are on ESPN2, that means we get Beth Mowins and Mike Belotti as the announcing pair.

Comment

• Wisky grabs another one. This time, they snagged 4* OT J.J. Denman from Penn State. And they are rumored to be the front runner for Jordan Diamond.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; October 20, 2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• They are building a very impressive OL class, most all of Wisky's OL were once on my wish list. M probably did and will do better but its mostly hurting everyone else in B10 country for OL; Ohio, Iowa, Illini, ND, msu, Neb, PSU, etc. Both Wisky & M really needed excellent OL classes to replace who they were going to lose in the next couple classes...

Bielema will have even better quality OL to run his power run game. It'll be interesting to see the Wisky vs Ohio rivalry develop another notch. Wisky imo is going to be competing for the 'east' division for awhile. I've said it before but Wisky imo is building itself to be a clear #5 program in the B10 with its recent success.

Comment

• Wisky is going to take a big step back after this year. In '09 and '10 they basically took a couple years off from recruiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X