No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparty and Nebraska's late collapses turn an okay week into a bad one for the conference.

I think every one of Arizona State's ten wins started at 10 EST or later.

Comment

• Nebraska sort of had an excuse when A-MART!!! when out. That said, they dropped a 3rd conversion (tough-ish catch) and committed an awful "defenseless receiver" penalty to spare Colorado 4th and 19. So, that's sort of a collapse. But, I'd be way happier if I were a Team Husker coppo.

I went to be after Sparty threw an tipped interception in the endzone. They had just marched up and down the field two straight drives and had 3 points. I figured Sparky would get them at some point.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I enjoy it when Mork's teams go down. He's such a smug SOB.

Howeva ...... it sucks to go to the WC time zone and play a night game in 104 degree weather. M fans think it gets screwed opening v. ND. Who the fuck is doing this kinda shit to BIG teams?

I don't pay a lot of attention to scheduling. I should. It has a significant effect on a teams ability to advance in the polls and secure shots at championships. Take Alabama and Wisconsin for instance. Jebus.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          That's gotta be D'Antonio's most heartbreaking loss in Arizona since his Suns lost to the Mavericks in the 2006 Western Conference Finals.
          LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Party in Ypsi ! Froot Loops, meet me @ the water tower!
            You'd mentioned having had a catchup with Prime 2 recently, so this reference to a phallic symbol is no surprise I guess.

Comment

• LOL!

Comment

• Colorado State is total poop. Arkansas is going to assrail them by at last 28.
                34-27 Rams - SEC! SEC!

Comment

• I wish that we had played Arkansas this year instead of ND.

Comment

• Back to the Dantonio is running a 'country club'. Maybe, maybe the 'hate that burns in our heart' gets us through the Michigan game.

osu is going to beat Sparty to within an inch of their life. good stuff mike

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Mike Valentti but this was good analysis. He notes the arms race in CFB with HC and Assistant Coach's salaries. I believe programs that aren't willing to open their wallets for top coaches are going to wither. Now, whether or not you think that is what's awful or wrong about college sports or not, it is a fact. Nobody is going to stop the trend without damaging the product and that's exactly what it is - a product.

I can't speak for MSU's offense and Valentti's take that it is archaic. I don't study it thoroughly enough. But he compares it to Michigan's and says neither of them are evolving. Both are archaic. Here's a great example of somebody with stature pulling shit out his ass, stating it as fact and then it become a fan meme.....MSU's and Michigan's offenses are archaic. M's is not. Maybe Dantonio remains in the dark ages of college offenses. I don't know, but I doubt it.

He's not paying attention to trends in CFB away from what ever Valentti thinks is trendy - and I don't know but I'd ask him if I phoned into this program - and towards the 11 personnel offenses with WCO passing concepts. At the CFB level these emerging offenses remain run-centric because there are match-up opportunities for that not present in the NFL, which is pass-centric.

So, as usual, Mike, STFU. There's a good chance you don't know what you're talking about.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Buchanan and AlabamAlum must be soul mates. With the latter chucklehead, you will instantaneously be on the wrong end of the Preston Brooks Cane of Justice if you, in any way, intentionally or not, besmirch Alabama, the SEC, bizarre vinegar and mayonnaise concoctions, Paul Morphy, any Adam Sandler film, vienna sausages, Murder, She Wrote or the collective works of Michael Bolton. It matters not how -- the merest whisper in the wind is somehow detected and the torrent of vitriol unleashed. Woe be to the fool who treads so heavily.

The former dunderhead is similarly positioned when it comes to anyone who dare suggest the HARBAUGHFENSE!!!! isn't genius. The difference lies only in the attack. Whereas AlabamAlum features a frontal assault of derisive hate, Buchanan prefers siege warfare where voluminous words gradually wear the offense-giver down to dust rendering him blurry-eyed, incoherent, starved for brevity and desperately seeking a way to stop the next avalanche of text.

Their devotion to and persistence in defense of their respective causes is truly admirable, and their tactics a wonderful case study.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No. My position stands. As does this one...STFU

Comment

• YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                I'm not a fan of Mike Valentti but this was good analysis. He notes the arms race in CFB with HC and Assistant Coach's salaries. I believe programs that aren't willing to open their wallets for top coaches are going to wither. Now, whether or not you think that is what's awful or wrong about college sports or not, it is a fact. Nobody is going to stop the trend without damaging the product and that's exactly what it is - a product.

I can't speak for MSU's offense and Valentti's take that it is archaic. I don't study it thoroughly enough. But he compares it to Michigan's and says neither of them are evolving. Both are archaic. Here's a great example of somebody with stature pulling shit out his ass, stating it as fact and then it become a fan meme.....MSU's and Michigan's offenses are archaic. M's is not. Maybe Dantonio remains in the dark ages of college offenses. I don't know, but I doubt it.

He's not paying attention to trends in CFB away from what ever Valentti thinks is trendy - and I don't know but I'd ask him if I phoned into this program - and towards the 11 personnel offenses with WCO passing concepts. At the CFB level these emerging offenses remain run-centric because there are match-up opportunities for that not present in the NFL, which is pass-centric.

So, as usual, Mike, STFU. There's a good chance you don't know what you're talking about.
                                MSU's recruiting and attrition is hurting them more than anything right now. You can't continuously unearth Jerel Worthy and Darquez Dennard in every class. I think that it was the '16 class, in particular, that was devastated by attrition, and the '17 class was mediocre as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X