• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of youse...STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz

....you make me feel brand new .........
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Heh.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Liney:

"...I just wanna be your everything..."
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are, you big lug ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• XOXOXOXOXOXO
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Good grief
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Rondale Moore opting back in. Purdue about to compete for the 2020 B10 championship.

happy jonah hill GIF

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That sound you hear is the entire town of Lincoln, Nebraska throwing down their White Claws in frustration. Another goddamn 6th place finish

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Coan had foot surgery today. He will miss at least the first few games (Maybe more)

Monday morning, Head Coach Paul Chryst confirmed that starting quarterback Jack Coan will be out indefinitely with a non-contact foot injury sustained on a routine drop-back pass in practice. His timetable to return is to be determined, but it’s expected that the senior will miss at least the first few games of the season. In...

Comment

• Purdue preview time.
                          (Reminder, I'm half M, half Purdue fan... or 55-45 M over Purdue)

2019 Review - Record (4-8)
                          2019 was a disappointing season for Purdue. Year 3 of Jeff Brohm, there were expectations to improve off of a positive 2018 season. Purdue was hit early with key injuries at QB (Sindelar, Plummer), WR (Rondale Moore), and several of their top defensive players. Depth wasn't there to reload after suffering those injuries. The good news is that several young players received playing time. Experience will be on Purdue's side entering the 2020 season.

2020 Preview - O/U 3.5 wins per Vegas
                          Offense:
                          - QB. Three man race between Jack Plummer (RS SO), Aidan O'Connell (RS JR), and Austin Burton (GR, transfer from UCLA). Plummer and O'Connell are reportedly winning the QB battle, but Burton isn't that far behind. I would guess Plummer, who was ok in 2019, will be the starting QB vs Iowa. O'Connell played well down the stretch in 2019 though... particularly vs IU. Don't be surprised if there is a rotation. Brohm has switched QBs several times in his three years as Purdue HC.
                          - RB. This will be RB by committee with King Doerue, Zander Horvath, and Da'Joun Hewitt. All of these guys are OK. Purdue is more of a passing team. Interested to see Tirek Murphy (FR). Gives me Devonta Freeman vibes.
                          - WR. Best unit of this team. Rondale Moore and David Bell are studs. Amad Anderson is quietly a good 3rd WR... High 3-star recruit that had a productive FR season. There are a bunch of other guys that could be a dark horse good 4th WR. Depth is a strength here... I'm praying that Moore and Bell stay healthy for entertainment purposes.
                          - TE. Similar to RB, TE has a couple of OK guys. Losing Brycen Hopkins hurts. Payne Durham will be the starter. Uncertainty with how productive the new guys (Garret Miller, Kyle Bilodeau) will be.
                          - OLine. "Uncertainty" is the key word about this unit. There is depth, but Purdue will be breaking in several new starters outside of LT Grant Hermanns. Basically envision this as M's 2020 OLine, but with less talented players. There are 8 to 10 guys that have been in the system for years and could be a starter, but it's hard to say how effective they will be.

Defense:
                          VERY interested to see Purdue's defense in 2020 after changing coordinators. Bob Diaco, who was Notre Dame DC during the Manti Te'o national championship game season, is now the Purdue DC. For a Purdue defense, which has been pretty bad for the last several years, there is some potential to be ... average?

- DLine. Should be a decent unit for Purdue. George Karlaftis (remember, M recruited him?) is a future 1st RD draft pick. Lorenzo Neal and Anthony Watts have plenty of experience. After that, there are several young players that received playing time in 2019 after the unit was hit hard with injuries.
                          - LB. Again, another unit where young players received playing time after significant early injuries. Jaylan Alexander and Derrick Barnes are returning OK starters. Interested to see DeMarcus Mitchell considering his size. After that, several uncertain young players that could be in a rotation.
                          - DBs. A lot of experience returning, but I'm not sure if it's quality experience. Purdue returns starting CBs Dedrick Mackey and Cory Trice. S with Cam Allen, Brennan Thieneman, and Marvin Grant have played.

Composite Talent per 247:
                          Core of this team is comprised of...
                          2017 - 72nd Ranked Class
                          2018 - 52nd Ranked Class
                          2019 - 25th Ranked Class
                          2020 - 32nd Ranked Class

PREDICTION: Record (5-3). OVER on 3.5 wins.
                          vs Iowa - W
                          @ Illinois - W
                          @ Wisconsin - L
                          vs NW - W
                          @ Minnesota - L
                          vs Rutgers - W
                          vs Nebraska - L
                          @ Indiana - W
                          Assuming Purdue stays healthy, I'm feeling good about this team. COULD be a sneaky dark horse B10 West team ... As is the same question about M ... if Purdue HITS on a QB, watch out.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Purdue preview time.
                            FINALLY!

Comment

• Jeff Brohm tested positive for Covid yesterday. I guess we're gonna learn about the Big Ten protocols real quick.

Comment

• tOSU 88 UNL 5
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X