No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I’m sure the initial decision was at least partially motivated by politics. Regardless, it was awful.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• To be clear, the quarantine protocol for BIG players is over the top unnecessary. It doesn't comport with CDC recommendations at all. A few weeks back I listed CDC recommendations for the occurrence of a positive test on any of the "rapid" tests being used - and I don't know which ones those are.

The SEC has a protocol. You saw it in play with Saban. I thought that was over-kill. All the CDC recommends is that following a positive test of any kind that isn't an RT/PCR test, a follow-up confirmatory (diagnostic) RT/PCR test should be run. If it's negative, game over. Return to normal activities. There are some qualifiers, e.g., the presence of community spread necessitates more careful follow-up but doesn't specify how to do that. The implied thing to do is run a bunch of tests over a defined period (left up to local PH officials) to insure the test wasn't a false negative. Side note: I think the CDC would have been more specific with guidance if it were't for the WH interjecting itself into what kind of language the CDC used.

In the case of Mertz, if he had a positive rapid test (not an RT/PCR) a follow-up confirmatory diagnostic, RT/PCR test should be run. In Madison Wisconsin where It appears community spread is present, the CDC recommends additional testing (what the SEC did with Saban is consistent with that). If negative, game over, return to normal activities. If positive confirmed, 10-14d quarantine - NO REPEAT TEST NEEDED for discharge from quarantine - return to normal activities.

The BIG on its own and without a scientific basis to do so, added all these extras in "an abundance of caution." I call bull-shit. It's an unnecessary cost with both social and economic impact. If Wisconsin loses Mertz to this BS, I'll be disappointed if Alvbarez doesn't call out the BIG Ten front office and demand to know WTF it's doing with a 3w quarantine.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I still smell a "Itoldyaso" response from the Big Ten is upcoming.

They're going to wait until a certain number of positives come in, especially if they are spread throughout the conference. Then, they'll say, "Well, we tried to have a season, but in spite of our best efforts, we cannot safely continue the season, so we have decided to end the 2020 football season at this time, out of an abundance of safety".

Its coming. They delayed this whole thing for a reason. They could have started the season 2-3 weeks ago, and built in a couple bye weeks, just to be sure they had some flexibility. But, nope .. they left no way out with a 9 week season, and no flexibility. Its like a crap shoot, .. all or nothing.

This thing has Gretch Whitmer written all over it.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Correct

Comment

• Meanwhile, OSU-UNL is the highest rated game of the weekend by far.

Comment

• The football season didn't really START until the Big Ten got involved. Now, its a football season.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Big Ten bigwigs are like my 2 year old grandson who just discovered what a light switch does. As many times as I tell him not to turn off the light, he does it anyway. That's what they're doing with the season.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The B1G/Covid shit is bullshit. I called it early that they are setting this all up for "I toldya so". Going to be interesting this week. He may test negative ala the Saban situation...in fact that is my prediction but thats not the B1G protocol as far as I've read. This obviously would benefit UNL but honestly if he can't play because of this horseshit just cancel the fucking game. Complete fucking BS.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  The football season didn't really START until the Big Ten got involved. Now, its a football season.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Big Ten bigwigs are like my 2 year old grandson who just discovered what a light switch does. As many times as I tell him not to turn off the light, he does it anyway. That's what they're doing with the season.
                  EFZ...don't trust the B1G and definitely don't trust Warren. He is a piece of shit.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, B10 COVID rules for players are extreme. If Mertz AND Jack Coan are both out for the Wisconsin vs Purdue game in 12 days ... Purdue might have a shot to win the B10 West IMO.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It feels likely that Wisky would lose more than Mertz. Losing just one guy would be lucky for them. Well, not specifically lucky that they are losing that one guy, but I think that you get the point.

Comment

• Starting in mid-November, find the hottest Covid-positive chick that you can and pay her to have sex with Justin Fields.

Comment

• Chick? Is there a different Fields?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Starting in mid-November, find the hottest Covid-positive chick that you can and pay her to have sex with Justin Fields.
                            Even if Fields tested positive for COVID, they would find a way to let Fields play if Ohio State has a shot at losing (Michigan game, B10 Championship, or in the Playoff). . It would be some random rule or amendment that came out of no where.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Chick? Is there a different Fields?
                              NTTIAWWT
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Even if Fields tested positive for COVID, they would find a way to let Fields play if Ohio State has a shot at losing (Michigan game, B10 Championship, or in the Playoff). . It would be some random rule or amendment that came out of no where.
                                efz

Comment

Working...
                                X