No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is about The Beast. Football. Period. This doesn't really affect hoops much. March Madness won't change much sans the conference tournaments.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Timeline isn't 15-20 years, it's very soon... There are 2 power conference and everyone else. Unless they can't get out (which is rumored to be the case of the ACC), everyone in the ACC, Pac 12, Big XII wants in the B1G, or SEC. Nobody wants left behind as the financials are too massive.

I do think we're waiting on Notre Dame who will finally accept a B1G invite. Who has Power 2 value in the ACC? North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State, and not much else. Would the B1G really consider Clemson, Florida State?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        Timeline isn't 15-20 years, it's very soon... There are 2 power conference and everyone else. Unless they can't get out (which is rumored to be the case of the ACC), everyone in the ACC, Pac 12, Big XII wants in the B1G, or SEC. Nobody wants left behind as the financials are too massive.

I do think we're waiting on Notre Dame who will finally accept a B1G invite. Who has Power 2 value in the ACC? North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State, and not much else. Would the B1G really consider Clemson, Florida State?
        You think 16 more teams join Big Ten and SEC within 15 years?

If the end game is 24

Notre Dame
        Stanford
        Washington
        Oregon
        UNC
        Duke
        UVA

Not sure who 24th will be

Colorado
        Arizona/Arizona State
        ????

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Take this with a grain of salt, because of all the speculation out there, but there is a report that says 4 ACC teams (Clemson, Florida State, UNC and UVA) are negotiating to join the SEC. Source also says ESPN is trying to avoid ACC deal if that happens.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• What about Miami?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              What about Miami?
              They're headed to the Big XII.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I would take Miami. Good football history, decent basketball and helps lock up Florida.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Notre Dame in no rush to decide on joining the B1G, they are willing to wait till the B1G/SEC make decisions that hurt ND's ability to play in the CFP. They'll also wait to see how much money the B1G nets from its TV deals which could be announced very soon. ND's alumni are very willing to shell out big $ to stay out of the B1G because they take pride in their silly independence...

When the B1G signs its media rights deal, we'll find out if the ACC's grant-of-rights is really inescapable. The money difference between the B1G/SEC and everyone else will be too much to pass up, except for maybe the Domers.

Comment

• ND will eventually be in the B1G...it's a matter of when. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? It will eventually have to happen. At some point both the money and the playoff inclusion will outweigh their independent status. From what I understand their ACC deal can be undone but right now as we speak between the loose ACC football affiliation and the full membership of the Olympic along with their own TV deal outweigh the move...but that is going to change drastically over the next 10 years. It's mind boggling to think of the money two super conferences are going to make going forward...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I hope ND ends up being forced into the SEC. Make them play real football instead of picking on the service academies and Citadel all the time.

Comment

• Not gonna happen.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I can dream.

If they're as great as they think they are, they should challenge themselves every week of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            ND will eventually be in the B1G...it's a matter of when. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? It will eventually have to happen. At some point both the money and the playoff inclusion will outweigh their independent status. From what I understand their ACC deal can be undone but right now as we speak between the loose ACC football affiliation and the full membership of the Olympic along with their own TV deal outweigh the move...but that is going to change drastically over the next 10 years. It's mind boggling to think of the money two super conferences are going to make going forward...
                            Agreed.

But I hope your presumption that ND would be left out of the CFP is true. If they want to be independent, then let them be really independent.

Comment

• Santa is going to be the next U-M President.

No, not that Santa ...

Ono is the president and vice-chancellor of the University of British Columbia. He previously served as the president of the University of Cincinnati.

Comment

• You misspelled Satan...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X