No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's much better to test yourself in Seattle against Washington even if you lose than play to play Colorado State, UConn and Hawaii. Those aren't even quizzes.

Comment

• lucid
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        lucid
        Sometimes, you can be so difficult.

Kinda like Georgia Southern was against Nebraska...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• NO WINGS FOR YOU SIR!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is that a reward or punishment?

Comment

• shaddup
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Boy did I fall for the Northwestern Fool's Gold. I figured that they could at least get to .500 this year but they probably aren't going to win more than three games.

Comment

• They were shitty last year and shitty this year. People assumed by beating UNL they were on their typical even year boom. They are not. UNL is fucking awful on defense. Putrid. Our offense is decent and special teams are better but the D looks worse than when fucking Callahan was here. fNW is bad. UNL is slightly worse.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't want to get ahead of things but both Northwestern & Nebraska might be worse than any team in the East

Comment

• That seems likely at this point.

Comment

• Well UNL plays Indiana and Rutgers so we'll find out.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not much justice last week as I went 5-7 and 2-1. Overall I'm now 15-14-1 and 6-3. Staying above water during the OoC portion of the schedule is always a victory, so I should be happy with that, I guess. Still have a few OoC left, but we're also into full-on conference play.

Michigan (-17) vs Maryland. It's true that this will be, by far and away, M's biggest test. It's also true that Maryland is still Maryland. Fortunately they caught a lot of breaks against the Pony Express and pulled out a win. But, SMU is not M and The Turtle will need lottery-winning lucky to hang within 24 of HARBAUGH!!!! M probably has the best offense in the conference and definitely has the best defense and unquestionably has the best coaching. This will be ugly. M wins 45-13, but that starters will see 3rd quarter minutes.

Penn State (-28) vs Central Michigan. I've faded the Franklins two weeks running much to my disappointment. I sort of have Central in the same ballpark as Ohio and that was a blowout. And don't look now, but with Singleton Penn State has a semblance of a running game. I'll say 45-10.

Michigan State (+3) vs Minnesota. This is a total sucker play, I think. Sparty opened at -1 and the line has moved 4 points. Everyone is backing the Goofer. But, they haven't played anyone worth a crap. Don't get me wrong -- it's not M's generationally shameful OoC schedule, but it's still bad. Sparty was in the crucible last week and found out, I think, what they can and can't do. What they still can't do is play much pass defense. What they can do is move the ball through the air. I actually like this matchup for Sparty in that the Goofers don't have a hellraising passing attack (apologies to Morgan and Autumn-Bell) and rely on Ibrahim (and Potts). Sparty can slow that down. And I like any B10 that can pass, and Thorne has some weapons. Unfortunately, he's still stuck with himself at QB, but such is life. I think Sparty gets a close win in this one -- 27-24.

Cincinnati (-16') vs Indiana. More chalk. I don't like Cincinnati. I think they're back to being just a good AAC team. I hate IU. I think they're a terrible B10 East team. So, eh....it's a lot of points, but I'll say UC wins 34-17. Barely covering.

Rutgers (+7') vs Iowa. Over/under on this game is 12. Vegas expects a 10-2 Iowa win. Seems fair. I'm nonplussed about backing a team that narrowly beat Temple. But I'd be even more nonplussed backing the shitshow that is Iowa's offense. The only way I lose this is if Iowa's defense scores -- which is a real possibility. Hawkeyes win outright 13-9. Fans file a class action suit on behalf against the B10 for intentional infliction of emotional distress is filed on Monday.

Miami, Ohio (+7') at nFw. Speaking of suck, JFC. In retrospect, FROSTY!!!! should have be executed in Dublin minutes after losing to this taintbreath team. nFw is awful. I will not give points on their behalf to anyone. I don't care who wins. I am, however, angered by the existence of this game.

Ohio State (-19) vs Wisconsin. It's really hard for me to give the points here. I think there's a real chance this ends up in a ND-esque slog. However, CFB is about matchups (see Sparty-Goofer). Ohio State, I think, is good against the run. I think they're competent against the pass. I think they're at risk against a mobile QB. Mertz is not that. I also think Ohio State's offense is getting a little more on track with JSN and Fleming back, a little bit of Stover and Miyan Williams showing he is a very solid Forum I sort of have this right around the number, but I'll say Ohio State wins 38-17.

Florida Atlantic (+17') vs Purdue. I have no feeling on this other than Purdue will probably find a way to fuck this up into a closer game than it should be. Whatever.

Others: Illinois thrashed Chatanooga; Huskerz get a bye!

San Diego State (+3) vs Toledo. Just don't see Rockets winning this on the Pacific coast.
                          Ole Miss (-21) vs Tulsa. Tulsa is bad. Ole Miss is not.
                          Utah (-15) at Arizona State. I still think Utah is pretty good and they're not a team that typically has bad days. I think this is a beatdown.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• M by 10 but not until the 4th quarter.

Comment

• I assume you're talking about Maryland. We'll be LUCKY to be within 10 in the fourth quarter.

Comment

• Sandbagging has become contagious...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X