Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Not a great idea, if you ask me, unless they get everyone across the country to do it. The Big Ten doesn't want the fourth quarter of its first game of the day competing with the 1st quarter of the 3:30 games that are on all across the country.
    I would think the opposite. First quarters are often skippable but many casual viewers will tune to a tight 4th quarter contest

Comment

• There goes my nap time!

Comment

• Man, thats not safe for work
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Man, thats not safe for work
          Good thing you're not at work, then, Mr. Retiree.

Comment

• I know.

Look at those legs, man.

I'm glad I wasn't taking a big old swig of Diet Coke at the time ....

Comment

• I think you guys are reading the article wrong. The times in the article are central time. So when they are saying Delany wants 12PM starts, that would mean a 1PM start in eastern time. Or, essentially what we had for every game back before they were on TV.

He is talking about pushing the games BACK, not bringing them forward. Later, not earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Not a great idea, if you ask me, unless they get everyone across the country to do it. The Big Ten doesn't want the fourth quarter of its first game of the day competing with the 1st quarter of the 3:30 games that are on all across the country.

That's the crux of the argument against it, IMO ...... I might like an extra hour of tailgating at the game when I'm in AA but when I'm watching on TV is there the possibility that the 4th quarter of a blow-out either way in a 1P game is going to be pre-empted by another 3:30 game in the Eastern time zone or a 1PM game Mountain or Pacific time?
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I like 1:00 EST kickoffs better than 12:00 noon.

Comment

• I like 1:00 EST kickoffs better than 12:00 noon.

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• I believe its only talking about the games hosted in central division time zones; e.g. Minneosta, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois & NW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          That's the crux of the argument against it, IMO ...... I might like an extra hour of tailgating at the game when I'm in AA but when I'm watching on TV is there the possibility that the 4th quarter of a blow-out either way in a 1P game is going to be pre-empted by another 3:30 game in the Eastern time zone or a 1PM game Mountain or Pacific time?
                          But like I said, if it's a close game, tv is more likely to stick with it and viewers will hang around.

If it's a blowout, then sure tv will switch to something. Because the casual audience is as well

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I like 1:00 EST kickoffs better than 12:00 noon.

Indeed. Either an extra hour of sleep or an extra hour of tailgating. Win-win!

Comment

• A 9-game conference schedule once again a major topic at the Big Ten meetings

Comment

• It'd be nice if that would be the impetus to get rid of divisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X