Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, heh, right -- "resigned"
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He didn't want to be a distraction. Team player.

Comment

• Oh he was a team player alright.

Resigned. That's rich.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I suppose as a private citizen he's not obligated to speak with the NCAA.

Comment

• If the BIG issues sanctions, I believe the rules handbook allows an appeal. To me that means a court filing asking for a TRO probably won't be filed. A judge would just tell M to let available remedies play out. Timing issues are pretty mich moot.

Mgoboard sites a sports journalist that reports M has proof other BIG programs due the same thing M allegedly broke rules against that. What that tells me is that M has leaked that info to give pause to the NCAA and BIG that if those organizations follow their own rules in adjudicating the allegations they're going to open a huge can of worms. That fundamentally questions the legality of the power they have over member institutions. This can force the NCAA and BIG to defend themselves against the reappearance of antitrust laws that sunk the NCAA on the NIL rights.

Admittedly that's a reach right now and out of my wheel house. I've read two articles written by alledged lawyers familiar with antitrust law. What Is central here is that legal action by M actually questions the legal basis of the existance of the NCAA as a governing body. That then flows down to the conferences.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• According to Jeff Lesson from 97.1 and WWJ 950, Michigan informed Petitti when they met last Friday that they have data on 9 other Big Ten programs that have sent people to games. His source, who apparently has a great track record, suggests the Big Ten will back off.

No idea if any of it is true but it's a new wrinkle at least.

EDIT: Jeff, I'm listening to the podcast that was posted at MGoBlog and Lesson says that specific information was relayed to the commish when he was in Ann Arbor last Friday.
              Last edited by Mike; November 10, 2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• What this now boils down to is, How far into the court system does the Big Ten want to go, to sustain punishment to Harbaugh? Michigan is obviously loaded for bear in all this, and is probably chomping at the bit to get Tony Titties and his attorneys in court. There are loads of issues where Michigan can take action against the Big Ten, especially in how it invesitigates and enforces its own rules. Even if Michigan were to lose at the first step of the legal process, they'd instantly appeal to the next level. And so on.

So, Big Ten. How far do you want to go?

About a week ago, I said that this whole thing may open a pandora's box of sins, of which Michigan's alleged crimes were only the first one's out. Now, there is a real possibility that more 'sins' are about to be exposed. So, are we going to only punish the first one revealed, or attempt to fix the whole problem? (Yeah, I know Wiz.. 'everyone is doing it'... but it appears that they reallty are)

I think the best way for the Big Ten to save face, is to 'defer' to the NCAA investigations that have already been started, and see what they do. The Big Ten could always add more punishment to Michigan and Harbaugh if they think the NCAA goes too easy on them. That would satisfy the Franklins, CRD's and MSU's of the world. And Finebaum would orgasm on himself, talking about his man-love for the NCAA.

2024 is basically going to be a garbage year for Michigan football anyway. Especially if JJ leaves, which he likely will. Ceiling is 8 wins, which would take some luck, and 6-6 is not out of the question. So let the NCAA do its thing, followed by letting the B1G do its thing, .. and be done with it.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sidley Austin is representing B10. Just some small potatoes firm (I used to work for).

Comment

• Forfeit games. Woohoo we are bowl eligible!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• B10 should be backing down any minute now

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Sidley Austin is representing B10. Just some small potatoes firm (I used to work for).
                        So maybe Sid has given you some inside info? Hmmmm?

If the B1G proceeds to punish Harbaugh, I hope he has lots of free time on his hands. I imagine his billable hours might be able to afford him a Lamborghini .... or a Chevy Volt.

Comment

• Heh. Sidley Austin isn't a person.

Comment

• Oh,... so they'll need a WHOLE LOT of billable hours to get everyone those Lambo's....

... or Chevy Volt's ... whichever is more expensive in Ohio

Comment

• Well, it's a Chicago firm.

Comment

• Also, it would be absolutely fascinating to read the ingenuous BlueAnon take that an organization that you voluntarily join, have a say in and actively participate in, has no "governing authority." I mean, wow....that would be motherfucking fascinating.

Comment

Working...
                                X