No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation that The Game being moved will be announced today.

Comment

• FWIW, I haven't read anything about it from OSU's end. All of the speculation is, apparently, coming from M's end. That leads me to believe it's something else about M's schedule. OSU fans are guessing you're finally dumping ND, but meh, whatever.
      Last edited by iam416; December 28, 2011, 08:59 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hope you're right.

Comment

• Here are the possibilities I'm reading about (in no particular order).

(1) Moving the osu/M game.

(2) Dropping ND.

(3) Announcement of the scheduling of the Winter Classic.

(4) Moving the UCONN game to an NFL stadium.

Supposedly DB has scheduled a press conference for 4PM today.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cancelling the Alabama game and playing Alabama A&M instead?
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I really think this is purely a M scheduling thing.

I do think Delaney and the "B1G" numbskulls will eventually hose The Game. But not now. Not so soon.

Comment

• It's also been suggested by an OSU "insider" that the B10 was finally going to ramp up pressure on B10 schools not to schedule ND. Now, this has been speculated about for years. Heh. So, I consider it unlikely. And even if Delaney did do it, he could probably only get M and maybe MSU to drop. I can't see Purdue dropping that game.

Comment

• Jeff:

I think #4 is a no-brainer. Yukon has a 39K seat stadium. Michigan probably has a demand for at least that many tickets already. I think moving that game is very likely.

#3 will happen one way or the other. If not today, soon.

I have my doubts about #2, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over dropping the Irish. I think the matchup benefits them more than it benefits us.

And finally, I can't see Brandon agreeing to move the OlieO game from the end of the schedule, especially when so many people made such a stink over it last year.

But ... I've been wrong before. We'll see.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What NFL stadium would be closest to Storr's, Met Life where the Giants and Jets play?

Comment

• Another possible rumor regarding today's announcement is the expansion plans to the Big House; adding 3K seats to each end zone.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• WTKA this morning stated (guessing, like everyone else) that the announcement had nothing to do with the following:

1. Dropping ND
                        2. The Adidas/Nike issue
                        3. Realingment
                        4. Division renaming or restructuring.

Ira Weintraub fears it IS an announcement about moving the osu/M game, but can't confirm it and hopes it's not, FWIW.

The UConn idea seems to make the most sense to him but he still thinks the game is getting moved to October in 2013 or 2014.

Just speculation, of course.

To add to the rumor mill, WTKA also speculated that Mike Munchak, the HC for the Titans, is the frontrunner for the PSU job. Not sure how much credibility this has, but that was the report. Further rumor is that he won't agree to the job until he gets coordinators with experience in CFB to join him, which I think will be a tough sell. I guess Munchak has no CFB experience and no recruiting ties, so he needs help if he's taking the job. I didn't get a chance to read up on his resume.

psu is toxic right now, so who knows.
                        Last edited by SeanB; December 28, 2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• So maybe not on the Munchak rumor! Just saw this:

Comment

• The B1G and the Pac-12 are entering into an agreement. It sounds pretty significant and includes agreements to interleague play.

I wonder if this is the 4:00 announcement?
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• If that's true, that's a cannon shot directly at Bristol. FOX will make its play. Thank god.

*Edit. It is, of course, true. Starting in 2017. That means 9 conference games + 1 committed OoC game against a P10 team. That means bye bye Notre Dame.

Comment

• B10's TV contract is up at the end of 2016. B10 is now position to open up bidding rights with 9 conference games + 1 P10 game. Horrible for winning BCS title; great for $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X