No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just implemented divisions in order to get the championship game. They aren't going anywhere, ever.

Comment

• hopefully the names change. East/West is fine by me
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• And I hope the proper restructuring takes place to geographically match everyone up in a true East/West configuration.

This nonsense about trying to set up a possible M v O-Lie-O "rematch" is stupid. Let them play in the final regular season game for a shot at the berth like anyone else.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• liney.. I agree. swap some teams around and let it go. Wisky is here to stay, like it or not. They have the fan support, improved facilities and they have a solid coach. Iowa will be good 2 out of 4 years and I don't see NW losing it's ability to make it to bowl games every year anytime soon. Let it fly. It won't be equal each year, but it will be close enough over a 10 year span.

I'd still keep the cross over games too. Neb/PSU.. Iowa/Mich.. Wisky/OSU

Comment

• Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema says senior running back Zach Brown is leaving the program and exploring his options to transfer.

More...

Comment

• Iowa running back Adam Robinson will not return to the program, Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz said Tuesday.

More...

Comment

• Tuesday, Nov 29
                Miami at Purdue
                Northwestern at Georgia Tech
                Illinois at Maryland
                No. 23 Michigan at Virginia
                Clemson at Iowa
                No. 5 Duke at No. 3 Ohio State
                Wednesday, Nov 30
                Indiana at North Carolina State
                Penn State at Boston College
                No. 21 Florida State at Michigan State
                Virginia Tech at Minnesota
                Wake Forest at Nebraska
                No. 11 Wisconsin at No. 1 North Carolina

Comment

• Hope this isn't a duplicate:

Comment

• I don't think that athletes are entitled to any more than what they are getting now. With that said, I would love for this to happen, since it gives big schools like Michigan a competitive advantage over the smaller ones.

Comment

• It gives the elite schools a huge competitive advantage ....... which is why it ain't gonna happen unless it is uniform, NCAA wide and funded at a level determined by a sliding scale based on AD annual income
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I don't think that athletes are entitled to any more than what they are getting now. With that said, I would love for this to happen, since it gives big schools like Michigan a competitive advantage over the smaller ones.

I want it to happen. if a player feels like they can go on a date or out to diner without asking for money, I think you'll have less pay for play

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          I want it to happen. if a player feels like they can go on a date or out to diner without asking for money, I think you'll have less pay for play
                          Do these kids seriously not have parents who can front them $750 a semester to order the occasional pizza or go out on a date? I'll bet that all but the poorest parents spend more money on their kids when they are in high school than what a piddly stipend would amount to. How is it that hundreds of thousands of kids at college manage to go out on dates and order pizzas without a stipend from the university? Better yet, how do all of the 99.% of athletes who don't get money from jock-sniffing boosters manage to do it?

Comment

• When you are talking about football and basketball, you are talking about a lot of athletes from some pretty poor families.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                              When you are talking about football and basketball, you are talking about a lot of athletes from some pretty poor families.
                              Yeah but even the poorest families are feeding and clothing their kids somehow, right? And do these kids never find a way to eat at Taco Bell or take their girlfriend out on a date in high school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                                When you are talking about football and basketball, you are talking about a lot of athletes from some pretty poor families.

this. When kids come to UNL off of a 28 hr bus ride and don't even have a sweatshirt, they're poor. The economic divide in this country is widening.

Comment

Working...
                                X