Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the worst...
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Survived another week with a slight uptick to the good at 7-5-1. That brings the season to 13-11-1. Can’t wait to get into conference play.

Illinois (+17) at South Florida. USF is a trendy pick make one of the CFP Bowls. They have been more than a little shitty to start the season. Illinois blows, but I think they can do enough to make things tough on USF and cover the number. Genius of Lovie.

Northern Illinois (+13) at Nebraska. Huskerz have the offense to cover as underdogs and the defense to not come close as favorites. I’m going to bet on UNL’s defense being modestly better from Arky State shitfest and go with Huskerz to cover against mediocre MAC team.

Air Force (-23’) at M. Apparently there is much consternation in the Land of Bo. I wouldn’t know as the meltdown in Columbus has obliterated all other news. I dunno – this seems an asskicking. I’m not sure how AFA blocks M’s front 4 or 5. I’m not sure how AFA deals with M’s athletes on offense. I will once again back HARBAUGH!!!! to rout a bad non-conference team (and, yes, this isn’t a particularly good AFA team).

Wisconsin (-16’) at BYU. I will continue to rely on unrelated history. This strikes me as one of those non-conference road games that Wisconsin painfully ekes out. I could actually see them losing this one fairly easily. I think it’s a 10 point game at the max, so I’ll back the no-fun polygamists to cover at home.

North Texas (+21’) at Iowa. I can’t wait for non-conference to be done. Fuck this game. I guess NT lost to SMU by 22. So, whatever…Ferentz to cover at home.

Middle Tennessee (+10) at Minnesota. So, the first game struggles were entirely predictable as was the horrific quality of the Beav. Middle Tennessee is better than Oregon State. Minnesota is still sort muddling about. I tend to think this number is pretty close. But, I also think each game for Roda helps the Goofer out a little bit. I’ll take them to win by about 13, but, meh…wouldn’t bet anything on it.

Purdue (+7’) at Missouri. I killed it last week in non-B10 wagering with South Carolina. I mean, Missouri sucks. Really sucks. But South Carolina has some athletes here and there. I’m not sure Purdue does. That said, the Boiler has been surprisingly competent. I can see this one going a million different ways from Purdue winning by 10 to them getting boat-raced by 45. I guess I’ll go against all conventional wisdom and back Purdue as a road dog. Fuck me.

Army (+30) at Ohio State. Buckeyes have a long way to go to be championship-competitive in the B10. Fortunately, they have some real tomato cans coming up to help them work through their issues. Unfortunately, their primary issue isn’t really redressable. In this one, I think Army will give OSU some problems moving the ball. Defending the option requires lots of discipline and I’m not sure they’ll have enough of it coming off of Saturday. OSU should be able to bully Army’s defense and, if they hand the ball off to the RBs, move the ball well. But I think Army will do enough to stay within 28, so I’ll back The Long Gray Line. Blah.

Georgia State (+37) at Penn State
      . Georgia State scored 10 against Tennessee…STATE. I think they’ll need 17 to cover and I don’t see it. Stupid fucking Penn State to cover with some ease.

Bowling Green (+21’) at Northwestern
      . I don’t think nFw can beat anyone by 21, even a below average MAC team. BG hung around with Sparty ok, and I think Sparty presents way more problems for a team like BG than nFw. Falcons to cover.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• For some reason, I want to watch the Purdue-Missouri game. Its like rubbernecking past a car accident.

Comment

• It's like watching a battle of wits between crash and entropy...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think Purdue wins that cripple fight. Mizzou is horrible.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Seconded.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                It's like watching a battle of wits between crash and entropy...
                so...there is going to be a lot of drooling?

Comment

• AA, this is not 'Nam. This is a sports forum. There are rules.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    so...there is going to be a lot of drooling?
                    ...well Ent if it makes you feel better buddy...if you and crash did battle wits...I have you as a 5:2 favorite...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'M A WINNER!!!

Comment

• ....well...beating crash would be like beating Nicholls State...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What did Nicholls State ever do to you? Molest your favorite tractor or something? That's harsh.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Iowa plays the most boring and fucking awful non-conference schedule annually now that there's only 3 games. Pretty close to the worst program in P5 as your annual rival. And then they rotate what seems like the same 5 teams over and over again in the remaining 2 spots: Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa, North Texas, North Dakota State, and......I just caught the pattern! Those are all public schools!!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              What did Nicholls State ever do to you? Molest your favorite tractor or something? That's harsh.
                              ...mind your bizness assenheimer...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 2ND 11:51

Purdue 21

Missouri 0

Comment

Working...
                                X