Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way in any world do you take a 5 star ol over Harris.

Comment

• Harris may be the top HS player in the country at any position. Not sure you can just classify him as a simple 5 star.

Comment

• I'm not sure how anyone can claim to know where Harris is leaning since he's not talking. Word is he's just going to show up at his school of choice.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Take both Najee and the 5 star OT because their individual decision likely doesn't affect the other.
          Now if the debate is what player would have more impact... do you want a Fournette/Peterson type (if Najee reaches his potential) or a Tyron Smith (5 star OT) at USC.

Najee.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Any updates on Grant Newsome, btw? I guess it'll be a while until we know, but the return of a healthy Newsome would be a massive boost in outlook.

Comment

• With all this hype about Najee to M, I need to gently remind myself he could still end up at Alabama. Gross.
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• If you want a good laugh over the Najee Harris drama, check out mgoboard.

Approaching the absurdity of tracking tail numbers during M's coaching search.

Don't classes for the winter term at M start today?

Any Harris sightings on campus?

Heh, heh.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Personally, I enjoyed the thread on the OSU Roster for 2017. Split evenly b/t "STFU about OSU" and "OMG, they lose so much we'll be so much better than them" stuff.

But, yes, the Najee stuff is gone way over the top. At least it will be over soon, one way or the other.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Interesting from last visit to mgoblog:

Returning Contributors - with 247 Rating:

Offense:

QB - Speight - .8728

RB/FB - Hill - .8575, Poggi - .9419, Higdon - .8715, Evans - .8911

WR - Harris - .9663, Ways - .8687, Crawford - .9425, McDoom - .8794

TE - Bunting - .8904, Wheatley - .8953, Asiasi - .9626, McKeon - .8493

OL - Cole - .9408, JBB - .8887, Ulizio - .8343, Bredeson - .9790, Onwenu - .9549, Runyan - .8403, Spanellis - .8543 (Newsome - .9074)

Defense:

DL - Gary - 1.000, Hurst - .9038, Mone - .9434, Winovich - .8938, Marshall, - .9250 Kemp - .8954, Dwumfour - .8453, Jones - .8540

LB - McCray - .9370, Bush - .8921, Furbush - .8666, Metellus - .8540

DB - Clark - .8699, Kinnel - .9180, Watson - .8513, Long - .9658, Hill - .9359, Hudson - .8819

Key takeaways (and nothing you all don't already know):

Michigan's got a long way to go to be as "highly-touted" as OSU and Alabama, especially when you compare this list to their returning contributors.

Too many of Michigan's returning contributors from the 2013-2015 classes were ranked as low 4-stars or high-3 stars coming out of HS. There's Mason Cole, Bryan Mone, Mike McCray, and maybe Drake Harris and Henry Poggi who I would consider as highly-ranked coming out of HS who will contribute next year. Out of 22 positions, that's at-most 5 that can be occupied by a upper-class, highly-ranked recruit. I'm not discounting the contributions of players like Hurst, Hill, Kinnel, etc.; just pointing out that they've likely out-played their HS ranking.

2016 and especially 2017 will go a long way to helping fill Michigan's depth chart with highly-ranked recruits.

....... another interesting factoid: There is a 65% chance that players with composite scores > 90.0 will matriculate to the NFL. Outside of that, the percentage drops to around 30.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Split evenly b/t "STFU about OSU" and "OMG, they lose so much we'll be so much better than them" stuff.
                      Some are incurable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        If you want a good laugh over the Najee Harris drama, check out mgoboard.

Approaching the absurdity of tracking tail numbers during M's coaching search.

Don't classes for the winter term at M start today?

Any Harris sightings on campus?

Heh, heh.
                        Uhhh no thanks.

Comment

• FWIW.

Down here they are saying that he is workout monster and says he was impressed with Alabama's strength coach and called him by name. When asked about the M strength coach, he didn't know the M strength coach's name.

Another Bama commit says he will be rooming with him and will be on the same flight from the All-star game that they are both playing in.

There was one more reason, but I can't recall it.

It may all be bullshit, but overall they are pretty confident about it.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Tua Tagovailoa:

Comment

• I have the airport staked out bill, all gates are being continuously monitored on CCC and uploaded real time to be analyzed by my facial recognition software flight tracker software has been updated and ready to go, F5, F5...

Comment

• I've thought he was "Bama Bound all along, but I can't figure why he wouldn't just reaffirm his commitment and be done with it. Here's a kid who supposedly doesn't have a need for attention who is allowing all of this to play out. For what purpose? To string Michigan along? Why? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X