Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like Michigan will get both Milton and Shough, one dual threat, one pro style. Like them both.

Also in a really good spot with Mustafa Muhammad, their top TE choice. Interestingly, Mallory seems to be Miami bound, legacy recruit and all. If they get Muhammad and Ruckert though, that doesn't matter at all.

Comment

• Interesting Milton as well. Muhammad for Mallory is a good trade for M.

Comment

• Very, although Mallory is a good one.

Comment

• BTW, Milton is listed as a dual threat on Rivals, but after watching tape, he doesn't scramble for yards; more to buy time. He is a good athlete though.

Comment

• Milton is mobile but not a true dual-threat. Tyler Shough should skyrocket in rankings in upcoming updates.

Comment

• Is Mallory only Miami-bound because we are not very interested in him or is he just not that interested in going to Michigan?

Comment

• If they get Muhammad and Ruckert though, that doesn't matter at all.
                M will get 1 and no more than 1. That's almost etched in stone.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Twins!

Comment

• It's Twinning.

Get it? Twins. Wi....ah nevermind.

Comment

• I was a little worried they'd jump at the offers, mostly because I know very little of their talent level other than their recruiting profiles...

M probably needs a SS type though it'll be interesting to see if M continues to recruit any blue chip corners.

Comment

• This is going to be a really interesting class for M. It's not going to rank particularly well. Right now they only have one player in the top 100 -- and he's at 100. They also only have two kids in the top 100 that I'd call "very likely" commits (Muhammad and Dotson). There is no elite player like Gary or DPJ sitting out there that M has in the bag. And they're short on numbers. It's possible they may finish below UNL, but I don't know what they're looking at in terms of numbers. I mean, M should do pretty well in the 100-250 range and I think finish a solid #3 in the B10. So, it'll still be a solid class.

But, what makes this interesting to me is that HARBAUGH!!!! is taking this kids with small numbers, so he must really like them. I don't think this is the "Swarm" nonsense. So, it will be interesting to see how they do. A real HARBAUGH!!!! + Development vs. Recruiting Rankings deal.

I should also note that I sort of expect Sims to crack the top 100.

Comment

• This class should be about 20 as far as I know. Part of me thinks the Green twins are also an entree back to Texas (in addition to Coach thinking they are better than the current rankings.)
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I don't think you play games like that with low numbers. I'm also fairly sure games like that are of limited value.

The most straight-forward (and, IMO, only) explanation is they like this kids and, a bit more speculative, really like their height.

Comment

• The bros recruiting profiles remind me a lot of the Talbott brothers. Let's hope that they either are underrated or will be "processed" in typical Harbaugh fashion.

Meh.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              This is going to be a really interesting class for M. It's not going to rank particularly well. Right now they only have one player in the top 100 -- and he's at 100. They also only have two kids in the top 100 that I'd call "very likely" commits (Muhammad and Dotson). There is no elite player like Gary or DPJ sitting out there that M has in the bag. And they're short on numbers. It's possible they may finish below UNL, but I don't know what they're looking at in terms of numbers. I mean, M should do pretty well in the 100-250 range and I think finish a solid #3 in the B10. So, it'll still be a solid class.

But, what makes this interesting to me is that HARBAUGH!!!! is taking this kids with small numbers, so he must really like them. I don't think this is the "Swarm" nonsense. So, it will be interesting to see how they do. A real HARBAUGH!!!! + Development vs. Recruiting Rankings deal.

I should also note that I sort of expect Sims to crack the top 100.
                              FWIW the last few years we have ended up on some highly ranked kids that nobody was talking about at this time (e.g. Asiasi) so I'm cautiously hoping that we can get one or two of those again.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; April 21, 2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The most straight-forward (and, IMO, only) explanation is they like this kids and, a bit more speculative, really like their height.
                                This. They've made a commitment to really only target 6-2+ Cbs and S. The one twin who's lower ranked tore his acl last year and they feel is underrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X