• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolan Rumler is Blue.

Comment

• I think you guys are way off base.

1. MGOBLOG is a great site.
      Yea, you know I used to be anti MGOBLOG - LLLLLoyd - the last year of RichRod and all of Brady Hokes tenure. ugh - damn so many years in the dark!

But that was then and this is now, I also hated the 90s looking layout. Finally a new look much like eleven warriors will be reviled in August. Ill probably still lurk around here (?) but that's my go to now, even though im a little to0 negative for all the Pollyanna's over there. I got hammerd for having the gall to say Hoke was Fat - oh the horror!

Brian posted this just now look at the picture Harbaugh has in his office. - Him and Bo !!

Last edited by WingsFan; July 29, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I'll add for Oracle's benefit ........ I don't claim to know much at all about the nitty gritty of recruiting. I'm happy to leave that to those that know a whole lot more about that than I do.

What I do know are the cold, hard facts. Those facts support the view that the level of talent a team possesses, defined by the collective recruiting rankings and available to anyone that wants to study them, is highly predictive of success.
        You can't cite cold hard facts and use '18 and '19 classes as any sort of proof.

Comment

• 2019 5 star WDE Stephen Herron commits. 2019s gonna be really good.
          Last edited by The Oracle; July 29, 2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• We'll hear a lot of crickets about Harbaugh's negative recruiting momentum. It's ('19) not going to be a large class so it's going to need to have it's share of quality, really good weekend so far.

McGrone commits on Monday; 247 sports has him at #40 overall but 217 composite. Others should follow and put him in their top 100.

Comment

• The 2019 class is off to a lovely start and it sounds like we're in on a lot of legit 5* candidates. We need lots of them. I'm thinking no less than a half dozen legitimate Top 100 guys. More than that would be nice.

I just looked on rivals and Charles Thomas is ranked surprisingly low for a guy with his offer list.
              Last edited by Hannibal; July 30, 2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Yes, yes and yes. '18 won't be exciting, but that can be made up for with a serious '19.

Comment

• JT Daniels supposedly announcing at 5. Everyone thinks it's SC besides Brandon Brown at rivals. He's been spot on the last dozen recruits. Says it's a nailbiter. Hope he's right.

Comment

• He's a regular visitor at USC, pretty sure that's where he's going.

Comment

• Sam Webb loses his unborn baby girl. So sad...

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• JT Daniels to USC, as expected. We can afford to miss out on the big QBs in '19 as long as we get a lottery ticket or a game manager/depth guy like Speight.

OT, WR (because we likely won't take any good ones in '18 ), and a 5* stud RB look to me like they will remain the biggest needs. Defense doesn't have any glaring holes since we loaded up everywhere in '17, but I suppose DT could be a big area of need if we don't land any good ones in '18.

Comment

• Hopefully 2019 will continue to be stacked with lifelong M fans!

Plus side is Buchanan's nonsense concerns about 2019 were egged almost immediately. Heh. To be fair, his concerns re 2018 have some validity, though.

I'm thinking no less than a half dozen legitimate Top 100 guys. More than that would be nice.
                          If it's going to be as good as M fans seems to think it is, then it needs to be closer to 9 or 10.
                          Last edited by iam416; July 31, 2017, 08:12 AM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The 2017 class ended up with 7 rivals Top 100 guys, so more than that seems like a tall order, but equalliing that is reasonable, if not necessary.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            To be fair, his concerns re 2018 have some validity, though.
                            If we want to keep pace with OSU and win more than about 20% of those games, then they are very valid. If we aim to beat Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan State half the time, then there are no worries.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; July 31, 2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• I'm not expecting it to get much better than 2017's class. There are a lot of years where that would have been a #1 class. Other than maybe winning one more of those down-to-the-wire recruiting battles that we had with the SEC, you couldn't really ask for much more than that. I'd love to be proven wrong on that point, but until then, keeping pace with the best of the "also rans" (e.g. LSU, Florida State, Georgia, USC, Clemson) is probably the best that we can hope for in recruiting.

Comment

• 2017 might have been the #1 class once (at least using the 247 Composite) if there was a down year. It usually requires something more than 300 to be the top class. 295 is strong class, but it was also a huge class. Anyway, it was a very good class. But, IMO, you need a little more at the top end.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X