Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A handful of long shots and other names that probably belong in there too, anyone? Like the '18 recruiting board, it's on the 1st post of the 1st page in this discussion as well as lots of other past recruiting information.

Comment

• Latest on Dobbs.....

Four-star offensive tackle Devontae Dobbs just doesn't seem like a top priority for Michigan.
      Brandon Brown
      Belleville (Mich.) High four-star offensive tackle Devontae Dobbs was on campus in Ann Arbor earlier this summer during one of Michigan's one-day camps but did not participate. He was spotted rolling around campus on a golf cart with several Michigan staffers and said that he got a chance to see a different side of the program while in town.

Devontae Dobbs
      Offensive tackle
      RR: 6
      Belleville
      Belleville, MI
      6'4" 270 lbs Class of 2019

"It was a pretty good visit," he said. "It was different from past visits because I got a chance to learn a lot about the academic side of things. I also got to see some more of the facilities and the new plans and stuff."

Dobbs picked up his Michigan a long time ago but as a rising junior, contact has been limited between the two parties. Despite not having much contact with Dobbs, Michigan has also managed to switch up its recruitment of him.

"They actually offered me as a defensive tackle but now it?s switched to offensive line," Dobbs explained. "I speak with Coach [Tim] Drevno the most. I like the way he talks and how he acts toward recruits."

Even though Dobbs has decent things to say about Michigan, he definitely doesn't feel like a priority for the Wolverines. When asked if he felt like he was on the back burner for U-M, he answered quite honestly.

"That?s pretty accurate," he said. "When I do talk to them they talk about my recruitment. They tell me that they look for high-character guys and certain body types on the offensive line. They?ve also told me that they?re trying to recruit Texas, California and Florida pretty hard.

"I feel a little slighted. I feel like the staff should make the in-state guys more of a priority a little bit. Take care of who is in your back yard and then go out further after that. That?s just how I feel."

Some other schools are prioritizing Dobbs right now and he'll likely check them out again after seeing several schools this offseason.

"I?m not really sure right now when I?ll be up to Michigan next," Dobbs said. "I plan on getting back to Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama and Georgia though. I went to pretty much all of them this spring but I want to get back. I really liked time spending time with the coaches at those places."

The 6-4, 270-pound Dobbs doesn't have any travel plans in stone but did say that he'll be at Michigan State and Penn State games at some point this fall.

Comment

• I'd add....

Warren McClendon, OT, Georgia
        Tyler Johnson, OT, Texas
        John Emery, RB, Louisiana
        Jaren Mangum, RB/LB, Cass Tech
        Nyqee Hawkins, CB, New Jersey
        Ryan Goede, TE, Texas
        Moses Douglas, CB, Ohio
        Michael Tarqin, OT, Florida

BUT, as you said, it's so early it's probably not even worth it to go that in depth.

Comment

• Dobbs' stock is definitely falling, no?

Comment

• Coaches can't contact Juniors-to-be till September 1st, any slight because from not recruiting him hard enough is because M isn't bending the rules to contact him.

In-state class is quite weak after Dobbs, his teammate Julian Barnett WR/DB decided to camp elsewhere when he could've camped at M to earn an offer...

-

Dobb's stock isn't falling; his interest in M is. We'll see if that changes after Barnett gets an offer and M is allowed to contact him.

Most of those that I'm aware of I'd list as long shots, Oracle but that can change quickly.

Comment

• Ms interest in Dobbs is falling, not vice versa. They like Brown much better.

Comment

• Mangum LB/ATH/RB plays a position M is recruiting plenty of blue chippers and he'd only be a late take/offer.

Comment

• Seems that way - M has others it likes.

Comment

• 247 insiders reports just the opposite on Dobbs, Oracle.

Logan Brown is an excellent offensive tackle recruit, arguably better than Dobbs and I personally might prefer Brown. However, M should want and take both.

Comment

• Dobbs says it in the article above. Now, there's way too long to go to say anything definitive, but the video I've seen out there are some of the worst I've seen for a borderline 5 star. Long way to go, but I'm obviously missing something.

Comment

• What's the deal with Dobbs and why doesn't the staff like him very much? His offer list is very impressive and I'd much prefer to see him not wind up at one of our competitors.

He is spot on that the staff isn't putting a priority on the back yard though.

Comment

• We got any chance of landing a 5* RB in this class?

Comment

• Sounds like he might be overrated.

Comment

• I don't know anything about Dobbs as a player other than his rankings. Haven't seen any of his film. That said, he's a touch short. He may not have the length to play OT for M. Further, if OL numbers are more limited then you're not going to take more than 1 or 2 interior players. They already have one kid who, IMO, projects interior.

I've heard Brown projects more a true OT.

So, that's pure supposition. It could be they just don't like him very much. To each their own. And 2019 ratings are still very premature. Roughly at this point last year, Leonard Taylor was a borderline 5* and rated as the top player in Ohio. No one in Ohio actually believed that and he's now probably going to end up at UK. I haven't a clue what the people "in the know" in M think about Dobbs. I do know OSU really likes him.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We got any chance of landing a 5* RB in this class?
                                Which class? 2018? No. Zero chance.

In 2019? Slight, IMO. You're in on two very good RBs, but one of them is from NC and the other is at IMG and is from Texas. I'd be very surprised if either of them played outside of the South.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X