This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    The better way to look at it is average 247 Composite score for the 2-deep. First, rankings are just relative. The difference between 2 and 4 could be more than 4 and 15. Second, kids flame out. You need to see who makes it. That said, this comparison still does the trick.

Directly on recruiting, to reiterate that which I've said many times: (1) UFM is a ridiculously good recruiter, maybe the best; (2) recruiting is about relationships not hype -- whether HARBAUGH!!!! is whithering a bit in hype ought not matter and (3) it's hard as fuck to pull kids from the South.

JH gets in the door anywhere. That's what his brand and M's brand does. From there, he has to sell the kid on why M is better than the other big brand names and, more particularly, why HE (and is staff) are better for that recruit.

His 2019 class will be really good. But, so will UFM's. That's the way of things right now. The former you can control; the latter you have to deal with.
    How long will UfM stay at OSU. Maybe Harbaugh's plan is that he will just gut it out til he retires. Harbaugh is a lot younger and if UM fans can withstand their lumps for awhile there will be a light somewhere down the way through the tunnel.

Comment

• They're both 53. Harbaugh is actually about 6 months older. I'm pretty sure I read that they were born in the same hospital in Toledo. Dantonio is 61.
      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 25, 2017, 11:11 AM.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Currently watching Desoto. The Green brothers have gotten torched tonight. Hopefully Don Brown and co see something in them I'm missing. Both are wirey lanky dudes, hard to even see potential. They do a lot of yelling at each other. Could be cause they are getting man handled by a lesser team.
        Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• They probably both suck, just like every other recruit in the class. Fucking losers.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Four-star QB Joe Milton will enroll early at Michigan

Comment

• We'll at least have three legit Michigan caliber athletes in competition at the QB spot, which is good, I suppose.

The 2018 recruiting class is otherwise very RichRod-like in its quality.
                Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Richrod didn't recruit D [emoji23]
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• RR's good recruiting class ('09 I think) had tons of busts, but that happens when you can't coach anyone up.

Comment

• The 2010 class was huge and atrocious.

Comment

• RR didn't have a good eye for football talent and neither did anyone on his staff. Tons of 'athletes' that didn't have a coaching staff to develop them and put them in a position to succeed.

Comment

• Latest offer:

Taison Phommachanh is a 6-3, 227-pound Dual-Threat Quarterback from Bridgeport, CT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            Does he have a cool nickname? Like ?Iggy? for example.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Sam Webb has mentioned Shea Patterson being interested in M. Apparently, he's basing this on Patterson's twitter activity. OK. Although Patterson is a Junior and, technically, would have to wait a year to play if he transfers, the situation is fluid. Apparently there are on-going legal challenges to the NCAA's rules on this originating from other Ole Miss players who are not seniors. It's not known if Patterson is among them.

Patterson is not a slam dunk starting QB for M if Harbaugh convinces him to come and he is authorized to play right away. It's being said he didn't have as good of a senior season at IMG that Peters had in Indiana. He's also coming off an ACL injury.

My take is that due to the miserable QB luck/play for M in 2017, fans are over-reacting to news of any QB coming to M as a transfer. I can't forget about O'Korn so, I'm less enthusiastic about it.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think he would win an appeal to forgo the "year in residency" requirement.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X