Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M isn't getting NPF, so it's basically whether they keep Reese or not.

With the early signing day, NLOID Part 2 isn't quite the same. I'm sure there's no Signing of the Stars.

M's 2018 class isn't what it needed to be. They have some leeway with their previous two classes, but this would have to qualify as a disappointment. Even by The Oracle's always rosy standards.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, clearly no NPF and with the loss of Patterson this speaks volumes about the job M, and in particular, Drevno are doing with OL recruiting.

I don't think that should surprise anyone watching M's ability to develop OLmen and prepare them for the NFL draft over the last decade. It did not improve with the arrival of Harbaugh as a matter of both observable and objective (PFF) performance. I think that hurts the ability of M to attract top HS OLmen and the 2017 and 18 classes are measures of that failure.

People talk about the difficulty in predicting the success of offensive linemen at the college level based on HS performance. Nice place to hang your hat for the Pollyannas. I'm not buying that and especially in light of the job Drevno did with what would be considered a decent cupboard of OLmen. If Drevno had been good at what everyone clams he is good at, we would not have witnessed the loss of 2 QBs due to injury during the 2017 season.

So, I get why top OLmen aren't breaking down the doors to play for M. There are too many better places to go if those guys want to make it to the NFL.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Grad Transfer DB from Utah, Casey Hughes, is official. Hughes is a 6-foot, 185-pound cornerback. During his senior season, Hughes recorded 68 tackles, one interception and four pass breakups. He also rushed for 1,031 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          Grad Transfer DB from Utah, Casey Hughes, is official. Hughes is a 6-foot, 185-pound cornerback. During his senior season, Hughes recorded 68 tackles, one interception and four pass breakups. He also rushed for 1,031 yards and 14 touchdowns.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...rt_river_index
          Sounds like he's a bit on the light side for a DB.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I for a S, yes. Not as a CB.

Comment

• Otis Reese ... IF Twitter likes indicate anything, he is probably staying M. Reese liking several M commits/ players Tweets in the last few days.
              Crystal balls 75% UGA still.
              Need to not lose him today, duh.

Based on how these last few months have gone, not getting my hopes up. M’s class will finish #19 in 247 composite ranking if so?
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• M is going to likely be helped by how ridiculous UGA is doing.

Comment

• "M is going to likely be helped by how ridiculous UGA is doing."

At this point we'll take it. M needs all the help it can get.

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately it seems like Kirby don't care and will take him. We'll know soon enough.

Comment

• Upside for M fans, though, is that the Reese flip will cost UFM the #1 recruiting class.

Comment

• Reese to UGA.
                        2018 recruiting class be like:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Garbage recruiting class.

The 2019 class will follow.

R.I.P. Michigan football
                          Last edited by Hannibal; February 7, 2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Ugh. Just another event in a long line of disappointments from UM football the last 15 years. Harbaugh has been an unmitigated disappointment. I don't see how anyone can claim differently. To make matters worse, the way this class closed (or more accurately, didn't close) coupled with the musical chairs and uncertainty on the coaching staff (as well as keeping Drevno on staff), there is little optimism that things will improve.

Comment

• Got to start spending more money on these recruits. Can't compete with the big money boys.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Hopefully this counts as hitting bottom. JH needs to do a rethink.

Comment

Working...
                                X