Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That blog is on the precipice. The combination of unadulterated HARBAUGH!!!! plus gads of snark directed at, e.g., (a) Franklin; (b) "Armpunt" and (c) Scott Frost has put that blog in the position where it's entire football worldview could end up incinerated. It's already turned out that way for McSorley and, bigger picture, Franklin isn't the total boob they snark him up to be. If Frosty somehow wins big at UNL AND HARBAUGH!!!! fails to deliver championships of some sort -- well, he/they will have been entirely and egregiously wrong.

A far lesser exhibit of the way they latch on to a single thing and snark the shit out of it is Denzel Ward. Ward had a tough stretch against Simmie Cobbs in the opener. From henceforth on, whenever Ward was compared to a M DB, the default position was "M guy didn't get worked by Cobbs, so better." Ward is on his way to a top 15 draft pick status (considerably higher than the venerated Jourdan Lewis). That's small potatoes compared to the Franklin/McSorley stuff, but it's similarly dubious.

I, for one, enjoy watching the slow motion crash!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "slow motion crash" >>> i've seen the future and i've left it behind

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Do we know it's less effort on recruiting? He did his thing for NPF having bowl practices at IMG, for example. Tackles just aren't coming here. Jeff has that one right -- they're not seeing what they need to see from the OL coaching.
        I don't know if it's less effort but, there is less obvious effort being reported. Less classroom cameos, less high school game attendance, and far fewer sleepovers. Not to mention the lack of a "summer swarm" etc. I know there were some rules changes that reigned him in, but I would have expected him to continue to challenge those rules like he did previously.

Now he's hawking a picture book and recording podcasts with his dad. (And don't get me started on keeping Drevno as a recruiter...)
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• (And don't get me started on keeping Drevno as a recruiter...)
          Amen to that.

Michigan should also reconsider the trips to Europe. JMO, but I doubt if that helps recruiting. Michigan also needs to hit Ohio harder, because that is where the best football is played in the Midwest.

Comment

• Michigan also needs to hit Ohio harder,
            A - how about hitting them harder on the scoreboard? I think that would help a lot more, but what do I know?

Comment

• Valid points, SLF. Nobody has it better than them.

Comment

• I'm pretty close to being done.

Comment

• The biggest thing that keeps me positive is that Harbaugh didn't suddenly become stupid or complacent in his 50s. He arrived with perhaps some faulty assumptions and may have to make some difficult decisions, but I have a hard time imaging he's unwilling to do that. I still think the most likely outcome is that he rights the ship. This year was a huge setback. Brady Hoke was a huge setback and so was Dave Brandon, and maybe Harbaugh would have had a much easier time of it were it not for those two setbacks. But it is what it is. Michigan is not a particularly functional institution, and there are consequences. Sometimes you don't land on your feet after such falls.

Comment

• Stupid, no.

Complacent -- the evidence is rapidly mounting.

Comment

• Don't give up yet Hannibal , there is still a chance Wilton Speight will be back.

Comment

• Heh ....

I'm glad Hack is providing meaningful balance ..... except we all know he's smoking hopeium.

I'm with Hanni. It took me years to get there, about three of them.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh's press conference will be starting at 4:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Michigan's rough morning a reminder of Jim Harbaugh's reality

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...018/315098002/
                            what's worse? Petit-Frere translates to little brother haha

Comment

• I wouldn't worry about Reid, great runner, but doesn't have Div I speed IMO.

Comment

• Spends a lifetime being an extremely competitive person; suddenly arrives home to the place he loves the most and decides to mail it in? That doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X