Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There have been some talk he's having heart troubles again (?) could explain a lot

Comment

• I didn't know he had them. That'd be just perfectly in line with things these days. Urban Meyer signs an extension and Harbaugh has health problems. One program is a cat with nine lives, one pays in multiples of pain for any slight misstep.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        There have been some talk he's having heart troubles again (?) could explain a lot
        Who?

Link?
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There is only 'talk' that he has heart trouble again, not saying there is any truth to it. If you guys didn't know he has had miner trouble in the past.

Jim Harbaugh feeling better 2012 after cardioversion involves an electric shock that gets the heart back into a normal rhythm.

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said he is feeling better Friday, one day after undergoing a minor heart procedure due to an irregular heartbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Spends a lifetime being an extremely competitive person; suddenly arrives home to the place he loves the most and decides to mail it in? That doesn't make sense.
            I know it. But I don't know how to explain the drop off in intensity this past year. Maybe he was able to only change his outward facing persona, but that would be a huge change too.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Wingsfan, thanks. I did not know about this but I know exactly what arrhythmias get ablated and cardioverted. More tomorrow.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff I was waited on your diagnosis

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  If you guys didn't know he has had miner trouble in the past.
                  I had miner trouble once. A bunch of them circled my truck outside a bar in West Virginia. Scary guys with missing teeth. I had to do some fast talking to get out of there.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Spends a lifetime being an extremely competitive person; suddenly arrives home to the place he loves the most and decides to mail it in? That doesn't make sense.
                    It makes sense in a way, because "Michigan".

Something has gone very wrong with Harbaugh. Health problem? Drinking problem? Marital problems? Regretting that he left the NFL for college? Maybe it's none of those. I have no idea. These last 15 months are far and away the worst coaching that he has ever done. It's mind boggling that the most promising coaching hire of the last decade has been so disappointing. I think that there's a 50/50 shot that he won't be coaching Michigan next year. There's a very strong chance that after a 7-5 or 6-6 season, there is a mutual parting of ways and he goes back to the NFL. Then we can hire Paul Chryst or Jeff Brohm to be the next guy who pisses away gads of talent.

Per rivals, our class is ranked #25. 4th in the B1G and barely ahead of MSU and Maryland. Scott Frost has been on the job for a little over a month and he is already outrecruiting Harbaugh. Oregon ended up significantly higher despite losing their coach LOL.

Our 2019 class will maybe end up slightly higher once Meyer, Saban, and Smart have picked the bones clean.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; February 8, 2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• I wouldn't rule out anything. All that's wild speculation, but when events play out like they have, that's what you're gonna get. I'm half expecting Jeff to show up with a medical diagnosis that postulates he's on a medication with a behavioral sideffect. I'm more likely to believe that than that he suddenly was just able to control himself to perfection on the sideline, especially during such a tough season, or that he's gone from ubercompetitive to checked out now that he's in the place he supposedly loves most.

There's a part of me that might rather have Paul Chryst or someone like that. He's not overthinking it or gimmicky. He's doing a meat-and-potatoes thing and he's doing it properly and without selling it as something it isn't. It's very Michigan to opt for something that is instead too clever by half. My wife regrets her master's degree in A2 in part for reasons like that. I can come up with other examples in the areas of the school I know best. On the football team, Don Brown kinda counts. Great coordinator but would be better if he dialled it back sometimes. Which I think he may have learned this year, a bit. Obviously Harbaugh was Harbaugh and the supposed innovative element of manball wasn't why he was hired, but it fits with a pattern in A2 in which people intimidated by the big shoes they now fill do stupid things.

I don't know that we could get Chryst anyways. He's a Wisconsin guy.
                      Last edited by hack; February 8, 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Yeah the Michigan job no longer has any luster. 10 years ago I think that we could have pulled a guy like Chryst. Probably not anymore.

Edit: We could get Bielema!!!!

Comment

• I still think the most-logical explanation is that Harbaugh needs to adjust a bit to the college game. And he will. He may need to be focused on the QBs and get a coordinator he trusts. He obviously hasn't been satisfied with the OL and is trying to address that. Certainly Michigan's money and Harbaugh's rep isn't pulling in currently-elite assistants, so he may need to go find some younger talent.

Comment

• It's too late for Harbaugh to make over his scheme and his staff now. We're stuck with these guys.

Comment

• I don't agree with that at all. It may be another lost decade because Harbaugh didn't have the right mix at the start, and it's maddening to sit and wait, but I remain convinced the most likely outcome is that by 2020 he's a Coaching God again. That said, I'll give you 60:40 on that, whereas before the season I would have been at 80:20. I still think that what Harbaugh may never excel at is in-game risk management, and that is going to be a problem in the biggest of contests.
                              Last edited by hack; February 8, 2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Harbaugh won't get that long. If he doesn't win big within a few years then there is going to be a mutual parting of ways. I can see it happening this year after Harbaugh's rivalry game record drops to 1-7 and he gets his ass kicked by OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X