Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought McElwain was a great hire. I think a lot of him.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• On the depth chart ..... If you're a HS recruit at the size and skill level of Mosley (samllish and a 3*), I'd think you should be looking at 2020 and beyond as getting significant playing time not the current depth chart. I have no doubt that Dantonio told him he'd play "right away" at MSU and wouldn't do that at M. Let's see if that happens with Sparty.

On talent levels ..... I'm not buying any of the mgoboard line. In JH's 3ys at M his recruiting of elite talent (Top 100 types) has been only marginally successful. It's not been awful but it also isn't keeping up with teams M needs to keep up with if it expects to challenge for championships on the regular like typical M fans seem to expect. Those fans buying the mgoboard line, or fans here for that matter, that think JH is a great spotter of talent (regardless of * ratings) and he and his staff can develop these types of players are in for a reality check when the games are played.

It's my believe that you need impact players at key positions and solid players elsewhere to compete for championships these days. You aren't going to out-scheme opponents who have equal or better talent on the field. I doubt you can turn lemons into lemonade thinking 3*s and walk-ons who are made of the stuff HARBAUGH!!! is attributed to like will be regular impact players or on game day don't make bone-headed mistakes.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Getting that talent is a bit easier when you are a consistent contender and in CCGs.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Losing 5 games last season makes it harder to recruit.

Comment

• STFU
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No news on Grey today. Hopefully tomorrow im reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                Losing 5 games last season makes it harder to recruit.
                Yeah basically. For Harbaugh's first few classes he could sell his record as an NFL coach and that Stanford coach. But in three years he hasn't accomplished anything at Michigan and that is weighing down the recruiting badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  No news on Grey today. Hopefully tomorrow im reading.
                  Who?

Comment

• - First-ever three-time Mr. Football Award winner in the state of Tennessee - Uncle, Maurice Hall, played running back at Ohio State
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Gray goes blue. Good vision. Good balance. Makes nice cuts. Lacks a top gear.

Did not have an offer from the Buckeyes...

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; July 1, 2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Per Mgo, he committed tonight. He has a good offer list, and is a 4* to 3 sites. Looks like a good RB pickup.

Comment

• Gray is a Top 100 recruit and number one all purpose back, according to 247. No offer from Ohio State, but Alabama was a finalist.

Comment

• 247 Sports has him listed at number 248 nationally and 10th in the state of Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Instate #1 WR prospect Tre Mosely announced for MSU late yesterday. M had been recruiting him. He stated that the stability of the coaching staff was a major factor in his decision.

McElwain probably not a great hire. It had been noted, he's never been a great recruiter.

Growing up, Mosley rooted for both the University of Michigan and Michigan State football teams. On Friday, he finally picked Michigan State.

3-star, ranked #749. From that perspective, maybe not a major loss but it would be nice to maybe get 1 WR in this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                                247 Sports has him listed at number 248 nationally and 10th in the state of Tennessee.
                                From the Freep ==

According to the 247Sports Composite

Comment

Working...
                                X