This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win games.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• His offer list appears to match a high ranking. God knows we need a great RB. We haven't had one in forever.

Comment

• 4*-offer-list guy David Ojabo has committed too. Nice pickup there.

Comment

• 2019 DE David Ojabo Is A 'Freak Athletically' --

ran a 10.93 laser-timed 100-meter race for states. . He has a lot to work on and shows a lot of positive thingsfreak athlete and his skill set is going to improve drastically

Comment

• Dan,

How do they arrive at the composite score? Is that in combination with Rivals and ESPN? And where an I find the 247 rankings apart from the composite?
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The mgoblog writeup on Gray mentions that he most wanted an OSU offer. I wonder if they will Gareon Conley him away from us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Dan,

How do they arrive at the composite score? Is that in combination with Rivals and ESPN? And where an I find the 247 rankings apart from the composite?
                Yes, it's a composite including Rivals and ESPN. Here's 247 only rankings: https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...oup=HighSchool

Comment

• I highly doubt it.

M up to #3!
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You don't think that Urban will want him?

We're in the Top 3 because of volume and we'll drop precipitously as the decommits continue.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; July 2, 2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• I think they're set at RB.

I'm not sure how many decommits M will have, but regardless of that, there are about 7 or 8 teams that will blow by them. I'd be surprised if they finish in the top 10. But, whoa boy, talk about a class of perfect fits!

Comment

• Like Gray alot but M probably isn't going to land a top 10 class. They aren't even in on many blue chippers.

Comment

• I really can't comment on Gray. My understanding is that OSU is done at RB barring someone like Trey Sanders -- LOL. That's not a comment on Gray.

M has a nice, solid class. I mean, LSU and Clemson both have 18 commits, and M is ahead of both schools. But, as WM says -- I'm not sure M is going to add much that bumps that class up. In fact, I think the biggest battle they have is making sure Herron stays. I think they'll get Keegan, but that could also be their last top 150 kid. So, I expect them to fall into that 11-15 range.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            But, whoa boy, talk about a class of perfect fits!
                            I suppose another advantage is that these kids will likely stay 4-5 years. As excited as I was about Rashan Gary, I knew he would be gone after 3 years...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I guess. I'd rather have first round NFL picks than not. YMMV. But, you know, I'll take Nick Bosa over Tracy Sprinkle (5th year who was in the rotation). I'll take Chase Young over Michael Hill (another 5th year that played a bunch).

I'm sure nFw has gads more 4th and 5th year players than Alabama.

Comment

• Commenter Rob Pollard at mgoblog has a cogent summary of where Michigan stands:

Yes, this firmly puts Michigan in the "2nd tier" of schools based on the more helpful average score. There are about 8 or so schools in this grouping (e.g., LSU, Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame).

The top tier is Alabama, OSU, Georgia, Oklahoma and maybe Oregon (Mario Cristobal is doing a nice job).

So essentially, I think this UM class will finish in 6-10 range, unless a number of recruits disproportionately improve their ranking *AND* we don't lose more than 1 or 2 of the top guys.

All in all, I would say things are looking really good, but there's still work to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X