Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the number of players signed by Michigan and Bama from 2016 on is nearly identical. Saw a graphic some place last week. Didn't save it, too lazy to look. M might have signed 1 or 2 more. Trust me! It was similar.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I remember in the old days, if I posted something like that DSL would be johnny on the spot to find the graphic or make one himself. Now he never stops arguing politics enough to be useful.

Fuckin DSL..
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He's giving out scholarships to walk-ons every year so he's not needing to attrit anyone specifically to get to 85. I don't know how many of those guys made it official after NLOID but Walker, Speight, Ways, Bunting, Crawford, Harris, and Malzone were all gone before the spring IIRC.

Comment

• It's M 77-76 over the last 3 years, but UAT 100-91 over the last 4 (HARBAUGH!!!!''s first class was super small which led to massive classes in his first two full years of recruiting). This year will apparently be another huge class as they're already at 23.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• UAT is not the preferred nomenclature, dude. UA, please.

Comment

• '15 transitional class was tiny and has had huge attrition, '16 class was very large but attrition has already made it the size of a typical class...

With early entries, attrition, and very few 5th year players from '16 (few red shirts) the '20 class should still be typical size (~22)...

Comment

• BTW, I thought this year was the first year of the "25 hard cap" rule -- i.e., no back counting EEs to the class before. Is that right? I'm a little unsure because A&M is sitting at 25. They can't be full up in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  BTW, I thought this year was the first year of the "25 hard cap" rule -- i.e., no back counting EEs to the class before. Is that right? I'm a little unsure because A&M is sitting at 25. They can't be full up in September.

Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent. Exceptions exclude current student-athletes who have been enrolled full-time at the school for at least two years and prospective or current student-athletes who suffer an incapacitating injury (effective for recruits who sign after Aug. 1, 2017).

Comment

• So, can you back count EEs? I've seen both answers. But, from the language I've read (and you quoted), it would seem NO.

Comment

• It is my understanding that you can still backcount up to 5 EEs, but the big difference is non-quals. They count toward your total if they sign a NLOI.

There is a Wilfong article from montths ago that I cannot find.

Comment

• Here it is:

As it stands right now, Minnesota is the only program that heads into this new signing period with over 25 commits, sitting at 26.

Comment

• I actually looked it up. Rule 15.5.1.10.1.1 (seriously) allows for EEs to count back.

Comment

I actually looked it up. Rule 15.5.1.10.1.1 (seriously) allows for EEs to count back.

Right. Up to 5, correct?

Comment

• I've heard that, AA, but I can't find it in the rules. 15.5.6 addresses football.

Comment

I've heard that, AA, but I can't find it in the rules. 15.5.6 addresses football.
                                Me too. And Wiltfong mentions it in that article I linked, but I just did a cursory keyword search in the NCAA manual and found nothing with back, count, early, or enrollee.

Comment

Working...
                                X