Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Villari did sign his NLI. So another QB. Some think he'll become a TE like Gentry did.
    More likely, another Dave Cone. I hope Dave is using his degree to make a ton of money, because his athletic scholly was a total waste, and an apt example of Carr's final recruiting efforts.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Corum a sleeper, he's top 100 by some.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        Corum a sleeper, he's top 100 by some.
        I think you and I may have read the same report on him. He doesn't have any real size, but he has breakaway speed and can go up the middle. Sounds a bit like Mike Hart, but I guess we'll see about that.

This class appears to be catering to Gattis' "speed in space" mission, because there's definitely a trend away from size, and more focused on speed, on both sides of the ball. So far, its failed miserably when it counts.

Comment

• I'd read up more on him then, he's plenty talented...

Defense added talent everywhere but CB and DT. Both positions that I was already concerned (save for Hinton, Mazi) but LB, safety, DE did very, very well. Love to see Daxton move to corner, I don't want to see Vincent Gray being much more than a nickel.

Comment

• Who do you see filling in at safety? Metellus moves on, and he the one guys like Moorhead and Day picked on in some of the key losses of the last few years. I perceive that to be a really important position. I do agree that Vincent Gray seems a notch or two below what we'd ideally want at CB. Definitely a solid depth guy tho.

Comment

• Vincent Gray will play at CB,Daxton Hill will start at free safety along with Ambry Thomas and Brad Hawkins. They are a clear top 4 with DB recruiting being lousy recently.

Comment

• That's what I meant. If you move Hill to corner, you have a hole at safety.

Comment

• The hope was someone could step up at safety so Daxton could move to corner.

Comment

• Was that always on the cards? Didn't know.

Comment

• I thought Hill was too big to be a corner?

Comment

• You guys are overthinking my idea, I just wish Daxton Hill could move to corner to help the talent/depth issues there.... He's athletic enough to play corner but will stay at safety. My thoughts above might sound a bit harsh on Vincent Gray, I think he could be a solid corner but I don't like seeing him there without good talent behind him.

Comment

• COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow is a hero on LSU's Baton Rouge campus, but he hasn't seen much of it because he took graduate courses online.

Comment

• Comment

• This stuff is going to be seen from two different perspectives.

On one side - that of our opponents and most prominently from the buckeyes - it's just a weak excuse arrogantly offered by M fans, who think they are better than everyone else, for M's dreadful losses to osu over the last decade.

On the other, athletes able to never show up for class (i.e., meet their academic requirements to remain eligible working on-line) just adds to the list of operations in or beyond the "gray area" that advantages certain programs in recruiting and hence the sustainability at the top of CFB's food chain of the teams that are presently dominating the league.

IMO, it's a great opportunity for football scholarship athletes who want to go the route of using CFB as a stepping stone to the NFL and not worry that much about rigorous degree requirements to do that. I really don't give a shit. I'm fine with it and boasting that M doesn't offer on-line courses to athletes on football scholarship is one big nothing burger.

Back in the day when on-line courses were just starting to emerge, I took one Masters level course associated with Emory University's Medical School (I was in their PA program). It was a Pharmcology course perfectly suited for instruction in an on-line platform. You'd go through the pages, read something, then answer questions. There was a final exam prep section. You took the final live and in person. There was nothing easy about this course or it's approach.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I wonder how far away the day is when student athletes will only live in their college town during the season, (to attend practices and games, of course) but in the remainder of the school year, they will live at home, taking online classes only.

The only time they step foot on campus during their respective seasons.

Are we within maybe 10 years of scenarios like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X